Good Movies based on Novels/Books? Genre - Romance?

I have already watched

A walk to remember

The Last Song

Twilight series

Dear John

Nights in Rodanthe

The Notebook

The Lucky One

Please suggest anything other than the above... I like movies where there is a beautiful romance between the main lead with some twists... but should make me feel like i am watching a nice movie where i can emotionally be invested and enjoy the movie. Just some light hearted feel good romantic movies.

Update:

Already seen "Never Let Me go"

Update 2:

Already seen

"Shakespeare in Love"

"Letters to Juliet"

Update 3:

Already Seen

"Beastly"

Update 4:

Already seen

Something Borrowed

Stardust

The Princess Diaries

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Tuck Everlasting

Ella Enchanted

Bridget Jones Diaries 1,2

Confessions of a Shopaholic

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

> The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 1 & 2 (starring Alexis Bledel, Blake Lively, America Ferrera and Amber Tamblyn) - based on the books by Ann Brashares

> One Day (starring Anne Hathaway and Jim Strugess)

> Now Is Good (2012 - starring Dakota Fanning) - based on the book 'Before I Die' by Jenny Downham

> Something Borrowed (2010 - starring Kate Hudson, Ginnifer Goodwin and Colin Egglesfield) - based on the book by Emily Giffin

> Somewhere in Time (1980 - starring Christopher Reeve) - based on the book 'Bid Time Return' by Richard Matheson

> Dying Young (1991 - starring Julia Roberts) - based on the book by Martie Leimback

> The Time Traveler's Wife (2009 - starring Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana) - based on the book by Audrey Niffenegger (this is the only case I have ever encountered where the movie is better than the book! I read the book a few years ago when I was in high school, and I still cannot understand why I read the whole thing. It's horrible!)

> Endless Love (1981 - starring Brooke Shields and Tom Cruise) - based on the book by Scott Spencer

> A Good Year (2006 - starring Abbie Cornish and Russell Crowe) - based on the book by Peter Mayle

> The Private Lives of Pippa Lee (2009 - starring Blake Lively, Robin Wright and Keanu Reeves) - based on the book by Rebecca Miller (she also ended up writing the screenplay and directing the movie)

> Sunday's at Tiffany's (2010 - starring Alyssa Milano) - based on the book by Robert Pattinson

> About a Boy (2002 - starring Rachel Weisz and Hugh Grant) - based on the book by Nick Hornby

> Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac (2010) - based on the book by Gabrielle Zevin

> All the Pretty Horses (2000 - starring Penelope Cruz and Matt Damon) - based on the book by Cormac McCarthy)

> Tuck Everlasting (2002 - starring Alexis Bledel) - based on the book by Natalie Babbit

> Anna Karenina (both a 1997 and 2012 version) - based on the book by Leo Tolstoy

> Memoirs of a Geisha (2005) - based on the book by Arthur Golden

> Evening (2007 - starring Claire Danes and Hugh Dancy) - based on the book by Susan Minot

> In Her Shoes (2005 - starring Cameron Diaz) - based on the book by Jennifer Weiner

> Ask the Dust (2006 - starring Russell Crowe) - based on the bookl by John Fante)

> Red Dog (2011 - starring Josh Lucas) - based on the book by Louis De Bernieres

> Charlie St. Cloud (2010 - starring Kim Basinger and Zac Efron) - based on the book, 'The Life and Death of Charlie St. Cloud' by Ben Sherwood

> Eat Pray Love (2010 - starring Julia Roberts and James Franco) - based on the autobiographical book by Elizabeth Gilbert

> I Capture the Castle (2003) - basked on the book by Dodie Smith

> Cloud Atlas (2012 - starring Halle Berry, Tom Hanks and Hugh Grant) - based on the book, 'Cloud Atlas: a novel' by David Mitchell

> Confessions of a Shopaholic (starring Isla Fischer and Hugh Dancy) - based on the book 'The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic' by Sophie Kinsella

> Bridget Jones's Diary (starring Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant) - based on the book by Helen Fielding

I hope that helps :) It's all I can think of right now!

• 8 years ago

Beautiful Creatures <3

• 8 years ago

The Hunger Games. That's about as romantic as I get at least. There are some twists..but I don't know about "Some light hearted feel good romantic movies" anyways, good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

How about..

Jane Eyre (the new one is with Michael Fassbender ;)

Sense and Sensibility

Emma

Persuasion

R and Julie (okay, not soooo romantic, but it's okay)

Beastly

These are the only ones I can recall right now,sorry!

Hope it helps! ;)

Source(s): My wasted mind...
  • 8 years ago

One Day

Never Let Me Go

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.