Good Movies based on Novels/Books? Genre - Romance?

I have already watched

A walk to remember

The Last Song

Twilight series

Dear John

Nights in Rodanthe

The Notebook

The Lucky One

Please suggest anything other than the above... I like movies where there is a beautiful romance between the main lead with some twists... but should make me feel like i am watching a nice movie where i can emotionally be invested and enjoy the movie. Just some light hearted feel good romantic movies.

Already seen "Never Let Me go"

Already seen

"Shakespeare in Love"

"Letters to Juliet"

Already Seen

"Beastly"

Already seen

Something Borrowed

Stardust

The Princess Diaries

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Tuck Everlasting

Ella Enchanted

Bridget Jones Diaries 1,2

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Favorite Answer

> The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 1 & 2 (starring Alexis Bledel, Blake Lively, America Ferrera and Amber Tamblyn) - based on the books by Ann Brashares

> One Day (starring Anne Hathaway and Jim Strugess)

> Now Is Good (2012 - starring Dakota Fanning) - based on the book 'Before I Die' by Jenny Downham

> Something Borrowed (2010 - starring Kate Hudson, Ginnifer Goodwin and Colin Egglesfield) - based on the book by Emily Giffin

> Somewhere in Time (1980 - starring Christopher Reeve) - based on the book 'Bid Time Return' by Richard Matheson

> Dying Young (1991 - starring Julia Roberts) - based on the book by Martie Leimback

> The Time Traveler's Wife (2009 - starring Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana) - based on the book by Audrey Niffenegger (this is the only case I have ever encountered where the movie is better than the book! I read the book a few years ago when I was in high school, and I still cannot understand why I read the whole thing. It's horrible!)

> Endless Love (1981 - starring Brooke Shields and Tom Cruise) - based on the book by Scott Spencer

> A Good Year (2006 - starring Abbie Cornish and Russell Crowe) - based on the book by Peter Mayle

> The Private Lives of Pippa Lee (2009 - starring Blake Lively, Robin Wright and Keanu Reeves) - based on the book by Rebecca Miller (she also ended up writing the screenplay and directing the movie)

> Sunday's at Tiffany's (2010 - starring Alyssa Milano) - based on the book by Robert Pattinson

> About a Boy (2002 - starring Rachel Weisz and Hugh Grant) - based on the book by Nick Hornby

> Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac (2010) - based on the book by Gabrielle Zevin

> All the Pretty Horses (2000 - starring Penelope Cruz and Matt Damon) - based on the book by Cormac McCarthy)

> Tuck Everlasting (2002 - starring Alexis Bledel) - based on the book by Natalie Babbit

> Anna Karenina (both a 1997 and 2012 version) - based on the book by Leo Tolstoy

> Memoirs of a Geisha (2005) - based on the book by Arthur Golden

> Evening (2007 - starring Claire Danes and Hugh Dancy) - based on the book by Susan Minot

> In Her Shoes (2005 - starring Cameron Diaz) - based on the book by Jennifer Weiner

> Ask the Dust (2006 - starring Russell Crowe) - based on the bookl by John Fante)

> Red Dog (2011 - starring Josh Lucas) - based on the book by Louis De Bernieres

> Charlie St. Cloud (2010 - starring Kim Basinger and Zac Efron) - based on the book, 'The Life and Death of Charlie St. Cloud' by Ben Sherwood

> Eat Pray Love (2010 - starring Julia Roberts and James Franco) - based on the autobiographical book by Elizabeth Gilbert

> I Capture the Castle (2003) - basked on the book by Dodie Smith

> Cloud Atlas (2012 - starring Halle Berry, Tom Hanks and Hugh Grant) - based on the book, 'Cloud Atlas: a novel' by David Mitchell

> Confessions of a Shopaholic (starring Isla Fischer and Hugh Dancy) - based on the book 'The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic' by Sophie Kinsella

> Bridget Jones's Diary (starring Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant) - based on the book by Helen Fielding

I hope that helps :) It's all I can think of right now!

Beautiful Creatures <3

The Hunger Games. That's about as romantic as I get at least. There are some twists..but I don't know about "Some light hearted feel good romantic movies" anyways, good luck!

How about..

Jane Eyre (the new one is with Michael Fassbender ;)

Sense and Sensibility

Emma

Persuasion

R and Julie (okay, not soooo romantic, but it's okay)

Beastly

These are the only ones I can recall right now,sorry!

Hope it helps! ;)

Source(s): My wasted mind...

One Day

Never Let Me Go