Half a gram on a drug free campus?

How can I get arrested for half a gram of low quality marijuana while several other people I know didn't get arrested when caught with a gram or two of high quality?

Each of us on a drug free campus

How can this even be legitimate?

I mean I've done less wrong but am receiving more punishment

I will be forced to receive marijuana addiction treatment and have restricted driving while people who committed a higher caliber version of the same offense just go to an alternative school, which I have as well.

Can someone just explain why this happens?

Btw I'm in all AP classes and make good grades. Please don't lecture me about weed making you stupid or being harmful. I've been smoking for several years on a daily basis and have never had a physical degradation or mental handicapp whatsoever.

Yeah man that's what I was thinking.. I mean the police were completely unprofessional in the way they were doing things. Didn't weigh anything before I was arrested and just guessed it would weigh enough to charge me (it was $3.50 in weed if you round up a little.) and I was completely cooperative like when I knew they'd find it I didn't make them search for it I just handed it over. While the other people I know withheld what they got caught with as much as they could. I mean all of this is ******* my **** up as In its required me to miss certain assignments for ap classes, restricting my driving so I can't do extracurriculars easily and is screwing up SAT tutoring at my school. Would a lawyer even be able to do anything? I mean I understand its illegal but this was such a small amount and the punishment is completely unnecessary and frankly a waste of money the courts pay on treatment and drug classes when I clearly don't need any. What would a lawyer even be

What could a lawyer even do*

• jimbo
    Favorite Answer

A drug free campus, even me as old and some would say a bit senile as I am, even i understand that, why cant you? . You bucked the system and you lost, live with it.

I have just read your additional comments, so you are an expert on police procedures now? I personally ,as a lawyer would advise you to plead guilty, throw yourself on the mercy of the court and take what comes. When you have been caught with your hand in the cookie jar, there is no defence, if you have any mitigating circumstances that you can offer, then do so. Frankly our office will not take these cases, they are a waste of our time and the clients money. Look, the law says you will not have weed, thats that,the campus is known to all students as a drug free campus, thats the end of that story. It serves no purpose for you feeling sorry for yourself, as a I originally told you, you bucked the system and you have lost. You took the gamble with your whole life future, and you lost. No one is to blame but you. So what are you coming out of college with? a criminal record for drug use. That will look good on your future job applications..How many more time on this site are we going to read questions such as yours, they post hundreds of them per week and the answer is always the same,dont do it. Why is that so hard to understand, especially if you are smart enough to be in university. It is not me you should be mad at, but yourself.

After going over this, I just utilized the service spoken of by the NJ State Trooper on here. I come from a very strict Jewish family, and I have been dating a non-Jewish girl for some time now.. A girl who my parents do not approve of. They think there is something very wrong about her. They believe she has a shady past, like she is violent or into drugs or something. To prove them wrong, I decided to run that background check on here from http://www.echeck.pcti-system.com .. I came across many interesting things.. many of which I won't get into.

The report was VERY thorough. What I did find, which turned out to be a deal breaker, was FOUR TRO's(temporary restraining orders) 2 were dismissed, the other 2 were finalized into a final restraining order(lifetime restraining order) ... The ones that were finalized were as a result of DOMESTIC VIOLENCE and the other for STALKING. I was shocked when I saw this. I guess sometimes you can never really know who you might be dealing with!

Source(s): Shocked Ex-Boyfriend http://www.echeck.pcti-system.com

Hello, I am a retired Police Officer here in the US and I can confirm to you that these types of records, for the most part, are not available to the general public. You won't be able to obtain them for free. That's the reality of it. Even if you came into the station for a particular police report to which you have a right to possess, you are often required to pay a small fee at the clerk's counter for the paperwork. There are however, to my knowledge, just a couple LEGITIMATE services that have full access to these types of records, and OFFICIAL approval/certification to provide them. The one which comes to mind is http://www.echeck.pcti-system.com - and if I recall correctly, They do provide these records at a relatively small cost.. especially considering the highly personal, confidential, or otherwise sensitive nature of the information within. Here you will find things such as:

Reverse Phone Search

Criminal Records

Inmate Records

Sex Offenders

DUI/DWI Records

Court Records

Arrest Records

Warrant Records

Police Records

Address History

Death Index

Marital Status

Relatives and Associates

Property Records

Felonies and Convictions

Alias and Date of Birth

Business Search

http://www.echeck.pcti-system.com

The only other way to obtain this type of information is to be working in certain areas of the public sector, such as Police work. Please do not use this any information you may discover for malicious purpose, as many States do provide criminal penalties under statutory law for certain acts regarding invasion of privacy. Hope this helps.

Source(s): Retired NJ State Trooper

I used that website http://www.echeck.pcti-system.com .. the one referenced by that detective guy. I found exactly what I was looking for. So much for Mr Right, or rather Mr Convicted Felon with 2 Liens against him totaling over 30,000$ and an ex-wife I never knew about!! Thank God I found out the truth before it was too late. We were almost engaged!!

dude take that **** to a lawyer theyre screwing you..same crap happened to mei got lucky somehow and was let go