Matrk asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

What is the name of the song from the movie Amadeus?

What is the name of the song from the movie Amadeus that starts at 01:12:15 -- and where can I find sheet music. Thanks

Favorite Answer

I haven't seen the movie since I was a kid years ago so I am not sure which one your looking for.

But here is the soundtrack list I found:

(you can find out more about them [and links to them] from the sited link below)

Original soundtrack album Film composer John Strauss won a Grammy Award for producing the soundtrack to the film.[10]

(all composed by Mozart except as noted)

Disc One

Symphony No. 25 in G minor, K 183, 1st movement

Stabat Mater: Quando Corpus Morietur and Amen (Pergolesi – performed by the Choristers of Westminster Abbey, directed by Simon Preston)

Early 18th Century Gypsy Music: Bubak and Hungaricus

Serenade for Winds, K. 361, 3rd movement

The Abduction from the Seraglio, Turkish Finale

Symphony No. 29 in A, K 201, 1st movement

Concerto for Two Pianos, K. 365, 3rd movement

Mass in C minor, K. 427, Kyrie (Mozart)

Symphonie Concertante, K. 364, 1st movement

Disc Two

Piano Concerto in E flat, K. 482, 3rd movement

The Marriage of Figaro, Act III, Ecco la Marcia

The Marriage of Figaro, Act IV, Ah Tutti Contenti

Don Giovanni, Act II, Commendatore scene

Zaide aria, Ruhe Sanft

Requiem, K. 626, Introitus (orchestra introduction)

Requiem: Dies Irae

Requiem: Rex Tremendae Majestatis

Requiem: Confutatis

Requiem: Lacrimosa

Piano Concerto in D minor, K. 466, 2nd movement

Music featured in the film but not included on the soundtrack album (but included in a later extended version):

The Magic Flute, overture

The Magic Flute, Das Klinget so herrlich

The Magic Flute, Queen of the Night aria Der Hölle Rache performed by June Anderson

The Magic Flute, Ein Mädchen oder Weibchen... (Papageno), and Pa-pa-gena! ... Pa-pa-geno! (Papageno and Papagena) performed by Brian Kay and Gillian Fisher

Axur, Re d'Ormus, Son queste le speranze... Salieri's opera shown in the beginning of the film

Die Entführung aus dem Serail, Martern aller Arten... First opera that Mozart conducts in the film

Le Nozze Di Figaro, Non più andrai

Le Nozze Di Figaro, Cinque...dieci...venti...trenta... The scene where Figaro (Samuel Ramey) is measuring a space for his wedding bed

Don Giovanni, La Ci Darem La Mano appears as a parody sung as "Give me a hoof my darling, and I'll give you my heart"

Piano Concerto in D minor, K. 466 1st movement

K.33B Harpsichord piece in F major, played when Mozart is a child at the harpsichord, then on the violin (while blindfolded).

Piano Concerto No.15 KV.450, B-dur – 3. Allegro, played in the Theatrical version when Mozart is walking through Vienna carrying a bottle of champagne, and in the Director's Cut when Mozart is teaching a girl to play the piano and is interrupted by barking dogs.

The 'improvisation', "in the manner of Johann Sebastian Bach" is based on the Duetto Vivat Bacchus! from Die Entführung aus dem Serail.

The only song I remember from then is the "Rock Me Amadeus" song.