Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I need a new computer for gaming... Tips?

So right now I guess this dell inspiron with windows 7 & intel pentium can't even run Daggerfall... It took me an hour to figure out how to download The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (with DOSbox), it was moving quickly all up until I could walk around. Then it was too laggy to even play.

I used to also play Runescape in the past, and this laptop does not run that very smoothly either. I might've tried World of Warcraft at some point, and that doesn't even come close to working smoothly.

With The Elder Scrolls Online coming out soon, I decided I need a new computer. But I don't know where to start. I'm not very good with this kind of stuff.

I would probably be willing to spend $450-500 right away. What should I get for this (that can run PC games such as Skyrim, WoW, etc)?

I would REALLLLLLY prefer a laptop, so if you guys could give me some laptop suggestions first, that would be appreciated... But I am also considering a desktop. I just like relaxing on my bed with a game at night after work is all... Anyways, so yeah this computer can't even run Daggerfall (EXTREMELY basic-graphics game).

Will give best answer within a couple days. Thanks in advance.

• Joseph
    Favorite Answer

Laptop suggestions:

-There's nothing in your price range that will run these games.

Desktop suggestions:

-I'd recommend a Core i3 Ivy Bridge system, with a 560 Ti graphics card and 6-8GB of RAM.

If you decide you want more power in the future, you can upgrade to a Core i5 and a better graphics card.