Most beautiful part of Provence in France?

I want to go to the Provence in France this summer. I want to book a small house with a pool. I was wondering in which city I should stay. I want to be surrounded by a lot of nature, not too far from the sea. Any recommandations?

Favorite Answer

That's gonna be tough ! I'd say anywhere near the sea won't be surrounded by countryside, will be very expensive (charged on a weekly basis) and it is getting a bit late to book (for the popular destinations).

My personal favorite is Cassis (right next to Marseille) but for countryside/scenery Moustiers Sainte Marie in the verdon canyon (nice lake), Valensole, Manosque, Forcalquier.

Personally, if i were going to do what you are saying, i'd get a place near Aix en Provence (assuming you have a car)

Source(s): Live in Provence 1 to 2 months per year.

There are just so many places to visit in Provence – from its eponymous lavender fields and historic market towns, to the cultural delights of Aix-En-Provence and Marseille, the Western regions of Provence offer a calming retreat from the glitz and glamour of the French Riviera in the South.

Have a nice and safe trip!!!