. asked in SportsBasketball · 7 years ago

How is Tony Parker not the best point guard?

He has been performing great even last season and even without Duncan and/or Ginobli. I admit Deron Williams,CP3,Irving,Westbrook, and Rose are all more entertaining to watch but if were talking about numbers,talent and experience then Tony takes the cake

I'm not saying he's the best but he deserves to be mentioned in the top 5. He's been a top5 point guard for the last couple season. He's also very clutch one of the most underrated clutch players.

He has the best fg% out of point guards and he's a scoring point guard. Last game I think he had 11 assists though

Anyone agree with me

Favorite Answer

Parker is at least top 3. He leads a spurs team it looks like every season to the best record in the league. The problem with Parker is that San Antonio is a small market and they don't play flashy they just play to win. Other pg's like Rose and rondo get more recognition bcuz their team relies more on them and they are flashier and younger and put up insane numbers rondo does triple doubles like its his job. Parker has been in the league for a long time and he is old so I think that's y. But lets give it a break here, Parker is better than rondo and rose bcuz he has 3 rings while rondo only has one and rose has none. Rondo and rose keep rising though bcuz rondo won his title more recently than Parker and rose recently got and MVP award so everybody was talking about him. That's why

Source(s): My knowledge of the NBA

Actually right now this season he might be. Rondo is hurt and can't score like Parker, Nash is old and not the same, Deron Williams hasn't been the same since he went to the Nets, Derrick Rose has been out all season, and Kyrie Irving isn't quite there yet. I think the top 3 PGs right now are Chris Paul, Tony Parker, and Russell Westbrook. And Parker and Paul are better leaders than Westbrook right now because he (Westbrook) is so young, and also Westrbook shoots about 40% from the field, while Paul and Parker are arounf 50%. So I think the top 2 PGs right now are Tony Parker and Chris Paul.

If were talking about numbers talent and experience, Rajon Rondo takes the cake. And for you putting Deron Williams in the conversation is not right. He's not top 5. He never was he just played on a bad nets team in New Jersey. CP3 is more talented. He's a better facilitator and he's led the NBA in steals for like 7 years. Rondo is probably the smartest out of the top PG's. Best facilitator in the NBA, and has a lot of playoff experience himself and is younger and can stay on the court and play at a high level. He also knows when he needs to take over games like he did last year against the Heat in the semi finals. Facilitating is the main focal point of a PG not scoring bottom line. He's 5th in my book.

what???? tony parker has no jumpers???? have been you in simple terms born the day gone by or what??? have you ever considered the suns-spurs playoff sequence final 365 days??? he shot maximum of exterior J's that sequence, fantastically in interest 3, the place he replaced into the outstanding scorer. he makes no 3's??? he tries few trey's yet quite makes a minimum of two in step with interest. understand the clarification why he takes in simple terms few photos at the back of the arc??? reason his clever sufficient to understand that exterior j's have much less possibility to pass in than lay-ups. who cares if he especially make lay-up?! have you ever even considered how confusing have been the lay-united statesthat he makes each and every interest??? even jkidd could not do those. tony parker sucked plenty that he and cp3 performed head-on interior the spurs-hornets sequence final 365 days. the place have you ever gotten your 'info'??????

I agree with you, but I think Tony Parker isn't credited enough because he plays with Tim Duncan, a soon to be hall of famer. The starters on the Spurs are also given limited playing time, cause that's how Greg Popovich's system works. Tony Parker usually shows his excellence during the playoffs, when the starters are given more playing time.

I think Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, and Tony Parker are all better than him. I think he is overrated. Great shooter, average passing ability, average defense, and poor rebounding.

He is the best point guard MVP top five even nba legends agree

He is in the top 5 ( he always been there ) , and i think that this year ( cuz of Rondo injury ) he is in the top 3

You forgot to mention Rodno, the most entertaining point guard .

You have stated your case quite well, imho, and I agree with you completely.

Of course, I am a flaming Spurs fan. Just sayin'.