Nicola asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 7 years ago

I need help finding information about people involved in the Russian Revolution?

Some of the people I have looked for information everywhere.

I need to know multiple questions about these 7 people;

Czar Nicholas II

Karl Marx

Vadmir Lenin

Joseph Stalin

Leon Trotsky

Joseph Goebbels

The KBG

I mainly just need to know their date of birth (easyish to find)

Their political allignment

Historical events in which they shaped

Their philosophies or beliefs and

Personal Characteristics

I'm not asking for all of this to be answered, but I could do with some help in answering a few of the questions mainly about their beliefs and political alignment. I can't seem to find what I'm looking for and I got given 3 days to do this whole thing. Thank you in advance.

Favorite Answer

Karl Marx was a German philosopher, economist, sociologist, historian, journalist, and revolutionary socialist. He developed the ideas of Communism and wrote The Communist Manifesto and Das Kapital with Friedrich Engels.

Vladimir Lenin was the premier of the Soviet Union, and the leader of the Bolshevik faction (majority faction) of Social Democrats. He took a senior role in orchestrating the October Revolution. He was politically a Marxist and his political theory is known as Leninism, which when paired with Marxist economic theory is known as Marxism-Leninism. He was born to a fairly wealth family before becoming a revolutionary and in his personal life was said to be a modest and unassuming man, who liked cats, amateur photography and cycling.

Josef Stalin (real name Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashivili) was born in Georgia, and in the Soviet Union was initially the People's Commissar for Nationalities Affairs. He played a big role in the 1921 Red Army Invasion of Georgia which led to the Georgian Affair of 1922. After Lenin's death in 1924 he rose to power and soon became the de facto Statesman.

Leon Trotsky was born in Yanovka, a small provincial town in 1879 to fairly wealthy Jewish farmers. His birth name was Lev Davidovich Bronshtein and he adopted the name Leon Trotsky whilst escaping from exile. He was too a Marxist. Initially he was a Menshevik (the minority faction in the Social Democrats) but became a Bolshevik prior to the October revolution of 1917. And in the Soviet Union was the Peoples Commissar for Foreign Affairs, before becoming the first ever Leader and Commander of the Red Army. He played a large part in the October revolution alongside Vladimir Lenin. He was exiled by Stalin in 1929, and assassinated by a Stalinist assassin in Mexico, 1940. In his personal life however, he could be overbearing, aloof, and came across as arrogant.

The KGB were the security agency of the Soviet Union from 1954 until the end of 1991. The committee was a direct successor of such preceding agencies as Cheka, NKGB, MGB. It was the chief government agency of "union-republican jurisdiction" in the fields of internal security, intelligence, and secret police.

Hope this helped!

Karl Heinrich Marx (1818-1883) was a political philosopher and was not alive at the time of the 1905 and 1917 Revolutions. Many involved in the Revolution claimed to be followers of his ideology.

Joseph Goebbels (1897-1945) was not involved in the Russian Revolution - he was Hitler's propagandist. In terms of his role with the Nazis he could be compared (nowhere nearly as influential in the history of film and propaganda) with Sergei Eisenstein whose work is renowned not only with the Russian Revolutionaries but with the history of moving film making.

Some of the names you list are actually pseudonyms, you will want to research:

Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov - 1870 - 1924 - Bolshevik

Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili - 1879 - 1953 - Bolshevik

Lev Davidovich Bronstein - 1879 - 1940 - Bolshevik - assassinated in Mexico

Lots of information in:

Source(s): Kuzichkin, Vladimir - Inside The KGB: My Life in Soviet Espionage. New York: Pantheon: 1990 Marx, Karl - Das Kapital [Capital] - various editions - one published (3 volumes, 1873) Marx, Karl and Friedrich Engels - The Communist Manifesto. 1848 Marx, Karl and Frederick Engels - Selected Works. New York: International Publishers: 1968 McHenry, Robert (ed) - Webster's New Biographical Dictionary. Springfield: Merriam-Webster: 1988 - brief biographies on lives of most to all in question and response above Montefiore, Simon Sebag - Young Stalin. Toronto: McArthur and Company: 2007 - contains information on at least three of the figures mentioned in question and response above. Parry, Melanie (ed) - Chambers Biographical Dictionary: Centenary Edition. Edinburgh: Chambers: 1997 - entries for all named above in question and response