is there a way to trace an ip adress from a craigslist posting?

I belive my daughters mother killed her first daughters father, and is now intent on killing me as well. She has been posting multiple ads on craigslist to try to lure me in, as that is where we met. But yesterday a posting of the death bunny wants your soul and is going to get it makes me beleive that this is enough evidence , along with her written diary of killing the other guy, that she is plotting to kill me. I want to have her thrown in jail because 4 years ago she threatened to kill herself and children while she was pregnant, and she tried to cut my throat while she was dressed in all white and left a suicide murder note. I told her to knowck it off before I call DFCS, but now I am afraid she is going to hurt our daughter. How can I race this cl death threat to her?

Favorite Answer

You won't get access to the IP tied to a Craigslist post, but the police can. Craigslist very,very likely stores the IP address & probably does for a while even after the post is deleted.

You really need to contact somebody or anybody who will listen. If you're not getting any help from the police, I'd suggest visiting reddit.com & posting your story there - as much as you can safely share. That community is well-known for getting things done & making things happen. At the very least, I'm sure eventually you'll get some piece of information or advice that can hopefully help you protect your child & yourself.

• boots6

You can't. What you should do is contact the police and ask them to look into it.

Yes I think they can. But won't unless something has happened.