Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 7 years ago

Can anyone list me 7-10 typical France food commodities?

• jojo
    Favorite Answer

Here is some out of many of the Classic French Dishes.

List of French Foods: (I will try to spell the words to the best I can).

Sope A L'oignon. (Onion Soup).

Nicoice Salade. ( made with Lettuce, Tomatoes,Cucumber,boiled Potatoes, Tuna/Anchovies, boiled Egg and Olives).

Burgundy Snail and mushrooms. (made with snail and Oyster Mushrooms).

Lobster Thermidor. (Lobster slathered in Bachamel sauce and topped with bubbling Grnyere Cheese).

Cassoulet. (Casserole/Soup, made with Haricot Beans in a Tomato sauce with piece of Duck, Pork and Chorizo).

Boeuf Bourguignon. (Beef Burgeoning).

Coq An Vin. (made with Chicken with red Wine).

Navarin. (Stew, made with Lamb and Root Vegetables).

Choucroute Garnie. (Pickled Cabbage, made with 3 types of Sausages such as Frankfurt, Strabourg and Montbeliard, Pork Belly, Berries and boiled Potatoes).

Lapin A La Cocotte. (French Rabbit Stew).

Boulanger Potatoes (baked Potatoes).

Creme Brulee.

Mousse Au Chocolat. (Moss Chocolate).

Delice Du Truffe Au Chocolat. (Truffle Cake mad with a Dark Chocolate).

I'm sure you can get the recipes over the net, or just ask us in the near future.

Source(s): My own wooden spoon.

Here's some - not sure whether this is what u were looking for, anyway I've categorised them.

Ingredients: truffles, foi gras,[goose liver] red & white wines, pernod, etc.

Cheeses - Camembert, Brie

Preserved Meats: Charcutieres - Different varieties of Cured/Smoked meats mostly pork

Meat Dishes: Duck a l'orange, Coc au vin [chicken in red wine], Beef bourginon [Beef in red wine]

Fish Dishes: Bouillabase [ fish soup from Marseille], Sole or Plaice with Grenoble Sc [Caper sc],

Side Dishes: World famous 'pommes frites' [french fries]

Desserts: Crepe Suzette, Croquembouche,

Sweets: Palmentieres

Sauces: Mayonnaise - with all its variations

Good luck

That old imperial town on the River Main, Frankfurt, is, by virtue of its central situation, the main professional and financial middle on mainland Europe and here you can visit it hotelbye . The city's skyline, dominated by the truly amazing cluster of high-rise houses in the banking quarter, has a definite North American taste, getting Frankfurt the nicknames "Mainhattan" and "Chicago on the Main". In the middle of Frankfurt you will find, Frankfurt's Opera Square, the Old Opera House. That place was built-in 1880 in the design of the Italian High Renaissance. Damaged all through WWII, it was rebuilt and reopened in 1981 as one of the city's most significant concert venues.

Brie, Camembert, Champagne, Bordeaux wine, Truffles, Dijon mustard, butter, escargot.

• Sandra

I like fruits over vegetables because I feel that fruits just feel "fresher" somehow.