Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

What's the best way for me, a teenager, to lose weight?

Female

180 pounds

5'9"

16 years old

I want some tips on how to lose weight. I don't want to go on any fancy/weird diet plans and I'm not going to use diet pills.I want to improve my flexibility and lose weight .I'm in school most of my day and when I'm not I have to do chores and homework so I really only get 1-2 hours of daylight on weekdays. I don't have any exercise equipment nor can I hike or bike. I live in the desert so the closes mountain is a good hour away and I don't own a bike. Outdoor exercise at night is a no go because of all the rattlesnakes we get. I'm not expecting fast results and I'm willing to do this as a long term thing but I would like to set a goal of 35-40 pounds in 7 months if possible. I'd just like to restate that I'm 16 and don't have the money or resources for anything crazy. Please don't be vague and say " cut out junk food" or "exercise more often". These are obvious and what I asking is more of along the lines of " eat 6 oz. or fruit with a meal" or " do 30 lunges". I'm sorry I didn't give you much to work with. I've tried finding these things out myself but every things "join weight watcher" or " do the all liquids diet" and not actual health tips that a teen could do. Thank you for the help.

• ny
    Best Answer

When you are losing weight, you should exercise and diet together.

If you exercise without dieting, you will get bigger appetite, which

will lead to increase of weight, or muscle grow

underneath the fat layer, and make you bulkier. If you diet without

exercising, you will become flabby and will have excess skin. For

diet, go wheat free. No pasta, pizza, bread and so on. And no food

after 7 p.m. People achieve marvellous results with it. Depending on

your initial weight, you can drop upwards from 20 pounds a month. If

you don't eat wheat then you don't eat all those sticky, fatty goey

cakes, you don't eat junk food, and you don't eat biscuits. But your

diet is still balanced. It costs nothing, and you do not have to

calculate points or to buy special meals or plans. For exercising,

start with walking, and then switch to running/jogging. Running is the

most efficient and calorie-burn exercise ever. If you are overweight a

lot, walk first or you may have health complications (heart attack,

disjointed bones and so on). Weight lifting is a good means to target

your problem areas for men and women. It's not necessarily to become a

bodybuilder or even join a gym - a couple of dumbbells will help you

to target your problem areas (stomach, butt, legs, arms, chest).

• T F

I think you're looking for an answer that doesn't exist. There is no magic bullet.

Sorry but if you cut out junk food and exercise you will lose weight.

What I got from your post was a lot of excuses.

So you can't hike. Does that mean you can't walk?

You only have a little daylight? Uh.ok. Then why not save some money and buy a DVD program like P90X that you can use in your home? If you can't afford a new one buy one from someone. Probably 10 bucks.

Bottom line? The ONLY way you're going to lose weight the right way is to burn more calories than you consume. You are going to need to sweat. You are going to need to extend beyond your comfort zone. EVERYONE who is in shape does that. It's part of the process. The trick is to really get in to that feeling. And when you do you''l HAVE to workout because you'll know how good it makes you feel.

Join slimming world, if you can get a parent to take you.. it's free for someone of your age. They are all so supportive and their is always younger people there which was my biggest concern when i joined. Having your family come with you to support you is really important, even if they don't need to loose weight, it's all about living a healthier lifestyle together!

pick up a 5 or 10 pound weight at the gym and visualize that weight coming off holding the weight in your hands helps bring home just how heavy even 5 pounds of extra fat can be

Eat 5 6 small meals a day instead of 3

cut down your own christmas tree

having less than 1 200 calories a day may slow down your metabolism

replace your scale with a tape measure aim for 32 1 2 inches or less for women and 35 inches or less for men

Sleeping will effect your blody weight so get enough sleep to looss your weight

cool down with 20 minutes of white water rafting in the nearby tongariro river