Does it matter if I use 12V or 120V charger adapter for vehicle?

I imagine that it is better to use a 12V charger for DC current based items like a cellphone, than to use a 120V AC adapter that converts into DC current for the cellphone anyway? I am a truck driver and it uses an inverter so I have the choice between using a 12V socket charger or a 120V wall charger. I wonder... show more I imagine that it is better to use a 12V charger for DC current based items like a cellphone, than to use a 120V AC adapter that converts into DC current for the cellphone anyway? I am a truck driver and it uses an inverter so I have the choice between using a 12V socket charger or a 120V wall charger. I wonder if there is any loss or extra power needed to go from 12V to 120V back down to 3.5V for the cellphone charger, or is it better to use the 12V socket charger? Perhaps it doesn't matter at all?