Teens: why is it considered socially acceptable to bully someone for being fat?

But not just for being fat, for not being pretty or shopping at hollister,forever 21,pacsun,Abercrombie and Fitch, ect. or not wearing name brand shoes, or not having the latest version of the iPhone or a cell phone in general. Or for liking a certain type of music. Why do you think you judge someone because they... show more But not just for being fat, for not being pretty or shopping at hollister,forever 21,pacsun,Abercrombie and Fitch, ect. or not wearing name brand shoes, or not having the latest version of the iPhone or a cell phone in general. Or for liking a certain type of music. Why do you think you judge someone because they aren't wearing the latest brand name clothes or don't have a socially "acceptable" body. And I know everyone says "if there overweight they are unhealthy" but to be completely honest that's none of your business nor is it an acceptable reason to bully or make fun of someone or just judge them. I want your own opinion, why do you think you judge someone because of these things? Is it because you just prefer that people not be too different, or is it because you want to feel better about yourself, or what? And don't pretend you don't judge people because everyone has at some point, just not all people voice their judgement. I have seen so many kids at my school broken down and emotionally destroyed because of taunting from other kids and it has been weighing on my mind lately that I have no idea why people do this. So I want to know.
Update: This kind of judgement is hardly a regional thing, it happened everywhere. Weather you notice it or not.
Update 2: Though it may seem like it, I'm not trying to shame anyone for their judgments. I'm simply trying to figure out why people do it. I am more interested in the psychology of it. I judge people all the time just not verbally. I know why I do it. I judge people because it heals my insecurities for awhile and it... show more Though it may seem like it, I'm not trying to shame anyone for their judgments. I'm simply trying to figure out why people do it. I am more interested in the psychology of it. I judge people all the time just not verbally. I know why I do it. I judge people because it heals my insecurities for awhile and it give me that "better than you" feeling. Simple as that. I just want to know why other people do it.