I really want to leave my state, but out-of-state tuition is so expensive!?

I live in Mississippi.

Is there anything I can do? (within reason) Are there schools that don't cost that much for out-of-state tuition, or do they have scholarships for that or anything? I really just want to go somewhere else

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A lot of colleges in neighboring states will provide in-state tuition.

So depending on what part of Mississippi you live in, you may be able to get in-state tuition in Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, or Alabama.

And some colleges do offer scholarships specifically for out-of-state students.

• 7 years ago

If you get a scholarship, you could use some of that money you would have paid to go to the college to pay for the out-of-state tuition.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

You can probably get some scholarships you will just have to look into it. But it really matters what you want to do in life and that will depend on what schools are right for you and how much it will cost.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Find an apartment for your first year and then claim residency after one year of out of state tuition.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

I would explore all options in your state (that is state-subsidized schools).

After that, I would consider "good value" colleges. Any area you had in mind?

These are becoming less so but I believe the Princeton Review has a good review.

Source(s): I went out-of-state for college (Born in Illinois, College--Iowa), it was different I suppose. But the tuition starting hiking in my later years making it difficult to make. If I'd do it again I'd probably stay in state (UIllinois, verss UIowa), but a lot of people probably say that.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.