Do I include guests' babies on wedding invitations if they're too small to eat the food but invited?

I'm having people RSVP through my wedding website, and the way it works is when you put in your name, your whole family that is invited pops up (Provided I put them there) and for each member you select whether or not you are coming and what dish you want.

I know that when people specifically don't want children at their wedding they address the invitations to "Mr. John Smith and Mrs. Sally Smith" as opposed to "The Smith Family." I don't want to go with the latter because I do want to be specific about who I invite.

Some toddlers might be old enough to eat the food but some of the younger babies won't be old enough for more than a couple bites.

So how do I do this? Do I just let the babies have a meal selection and hope the parents are super hungry? Or do I take them off the invitations and tell the parents themselves that the children are invited?

Favorite Answer

I will answer as a mom that has raised 3 kids and those 3 kids have attended many weddings. Any child over 2 or 3 needs a seat. I can seat a younger child in a stroller at the table, but at 2 or 3 they will only sit in my lap for a short period. But they don't necessarily need a meal. I always would bring snacks and share my meal with them.

Honestly, if you're having kids at your reception, a buffet is a better choice. You don't have to worry about any guest too young to need a meal. In your situation, your RSVP cards should list the meal choices and spaces for guest to fill in the number next to each selection. Can't imagine that any mom or dad would request a meal for a 5 month old. Also, talk with your caterer. Many offer a choice of a kid's meal.

• Erika

First - my apologies to you for all those that didn't learn your query. You might be naturally only relating to "SINGLE" company - and that i consider there may be nothing improper with that given that you're an intimate crew that knows each and every other. I do not learn from your question that you've got excluded others in based relationships - you just do not want some random "date" there. I am with you a hundred%. And it additionally sounds as if the invites have ALREADY long past out. Please proper me if i'm unsuitable on any of those. Your buddies have put you in a decent spot. The one thing you can do is name and explain that you are sorry, however they misunderstood, that your web page's small and intimate, so you didn't go away area to accommodate "dates." (An headquartered couple is wholly specific.) that you can inform them that after everybody responds and also you see how many decline, you could have area to accomodate them - but you have to depart room for "invited" company first. (Then whether you do have space or now not, they are going to not ever know, however it sounds quality and makes them believe a bit of better.) Your simplest sticking factor is if any one insists that this is a new bf/gf and the ARE in a relationship. On the other hand, say you'll do what that you can when you see who declines or other nicity. Reassure the character that there might be a number of "singles" there and they will know quite a few men and women, and surely will nonetheless have a good time. You could even let them be aware of of a further single they are going to need to carpool with, etc. (a man pal of mine did this for a co-employees marriage ceremony. We have been each invited as singles - no "and visitor" - so we went togehter as pals and let the bride be aware of so we might be seated collectively.) Then ensure to follow by way of by using cautiously arranging seating as to make certain a single doesn't think like a 3rd wheel amongst couples. It'll be exceptional.

I'd address the invites to the Smith Family, because I assume you are actually inviting everyone. If you want to include the names of each family member, that would be okay, too.

I've never done an RSVP set up like that, but can you have the names of each guest, and as one of the meal options, say something like "None"? That way, if little Ashley Smith will be enjoying baby food her parents bring, you know she'll be there, but you won't be paying for a meal for her or wasting food.

• Meghan

Be specific about who you are inviting. List children's names on the RSVP. I'd make options for a meal selection, including no meal or child's meal. You caterer will make meals specific for kids, and you won't be charged for babies who do not eat a meal. However, the babies will need a chair even if they don't eat. List each individual and multiple meal options.

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular “fad” diets out there. Go here https://tr.im/l6WDJ

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it’s just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it’s a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true

• Faith

Normally for a wedding if you know for a fact that the child cannot be left in the care of babysitter or on their own: such as still breastfeeding then the invitation still says Dear Mr&Mrs.Smith. THEN on the side you can tell them that you know they may need to bring bub and that's ok. Offer any help like do they need anything in particular on the day to be present? Like a room for bub to sleep in or maybe a quiet area for mum and bub to breastfeed. Offer it but you don't need names on invites.

As for other kids - you either go whole hog or not. kids that are old enough to be babysat and you don't want any at the wedding/reception you don't put names on invites. just parents. IT is then the parents duty to approach you on if they need kids there or not. Or just one kid. OR WHATEVER.

Not your issue unless you specifically invite ALL the kids. It doesn't work inviting just one set and not the other. Personally we have an age barrier. So anyone under 16 is not invited to wedding.

If you are inviting kids you then put names on invite so it is clear you want them there and then for those invites involving kids have a kids info sheet. Such as foods.

You may want to organise a game/play area for kids at reception. Which can simply be a sectioned off area or a rug or a corner. OR something. Provide a few games - ring toss, snakes and ladders, coloring pages what nots.

Like I said. it's either ALL or NONE.

Good Luck!

Talk to partner about what you want and decide.

Add another meal/dish option to the rsvp-- something like "Kid's Plate" or whatever.

Tell whoever is doing the food to make up X number of kid-friendly snack plates or smaller versions of the dinner being served.

Niununuuumumumu

Yes, because they still need a chair to sit in, even if they're not eating the food.

You can go to this website and it should help your dilemma: http://www.ehow.com/how_12087873_include-childrens...

Source(s): ehow.com