Name for Medieval Knight?

Please help me with a nice name for a medieval knight from England! Thomas D'Avencourt, Michael Waldthorpe or Ralph Hunter?


Ps. I actually checked medieval sources directly for these names, so they are authentic! New suggestions welcome, though...

4 Answers

  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

    The first one is definitely the most medieval sounding--perhaps someone who had come to England with the Normans or was the son/grandson thereof. This would be useable from early medieval period onwards.

    The other two names, though real, sound more modern and would have been after 1300 when proper surnames arose from places or professions; earlier they would have been Michael of Waldthorpe or Ralph the Hunter.

    Michael was actually pronounced more like Mitchell in the Middle Ages as well.

  • 7 years ago


    Jude O Henderson

  • 7 years ago

    D'Avencourt would not have been midieval. it would be french revolution. ralph is also not medieval- he would have been rolff the hunter.

    waldthorpe is also not medieval. it is aristocratic, edwardian england

  • 7 years ago

    Well if its English, the best option would be the second (the third looks barbarian)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.