Nina asked in PetsBirds · 8 years ago

Why doesnt my GC conure like me?

I feed him play with him give him human food ( crackers and things birds CAN eat) But he likes someone else in the family more then me! Even they get mad when he poops somewhere and i don't! i Love him soo much but he flys away from me to my mom. is it because shes taller then me? Even when im standing and shes sitting he likes her more. Why? and how do i fix that?

Favorite Answer

I had a bird that was like that. He would fly to my husband or daughter-in-law before me and it hurt my feelings, so I know how you feel. The only thing I can suggest is to play with him in a room by yourself and maybe he will bond with you. I actually quit letting my bird out if my daughter-in-law was around, and when he flew to my husband, I would just go get him.Eventually I became his favorite person.

Because birds attach to others like humans do. They pick their favorite person. Its not the other way around.