promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Costume Design: Which of these films had best of all 2012 films?

The 2013 Academy Awards balloting brought forth just five nominations -- are these they the most outstanding? -- which is by far the best?

Anna Karenina Jacqueline Durran

Les Miserables Paco Delgado

Lincoln Joanna Johnston

Mirror Mirror Eiko Ishioka

Snow White & The Huntsman Colleen Atwood

Thanks for your information and estimation -- have a great day

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Oscar voters give this award to British designers and dressmakers -- therefore

Jacqueline Durran will win

Source(s): the Keira Knightley movie of 2012 (ANNA KARENINA) will win
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Isabel
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

There usually are only five nominations, they just changed the Best Film category to include those that always get left out, so it's not just that there are only five, it's always five.

Mirror Mirror was quite fun and in keeping with the color and themes from Disney costumes but kicking it into high gear - I'd choose Mirror Mirror, although Anna Karenina is the type of period film that most often gets the Oscar.

• 7 years ago

I predict "Les Miserables" will win.

Five nominations is always the limit. The Academy expanded Best Film to ten a couple years ago in the hope of increasing their television audience as Academy voters have been leaning towards movies that didn't have giant box office appeal and the Academy's strategy is by expanding to ten nominees they will catch more theater goers whose favorite movies would have otherwise not have made the cut.

• 7 years ago

I think Les Miserables will sweep many of the technical awards like costume and make up.

Anne Hathaway surely has her Oscar sewn up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.