Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

How inappropriate is Game of Thrones?

I'm 13 years old and I run a facebook page called Like If You Can''t Wait Until The Hobbit, and a lot of Lord of The Rings related pages I liked posted stuff about this show called Game of Thrones, and I asked what it was on my page and some people told me it was a TV show, and one of my likers told me to stop calling it just calling it a TV show because it's also a book series, and they said it was a better book series than lord of the rings! (and they run a page called The Hobbit Countdown where I get most of my ideas so it must be good if they think it's better than LOTR). But, there is this other page called What has it got in it's pocketses -Gollum that uploaded a picture of their results on a quiz on a website called "The Fandom.net" where they sort you into different things in different series, and one of those series is Game of Thrones, and they said their dad didn't let them watch it because it's inappropriate in some parts. How inappropriate is it? Is only a few adult references or is it so bad I shouldn't read it even though I know pretty much everything about the adult world. I'm currently reading Jurassic Park and I'm thinking about reading it's sequel (The Lost World) later and maybe Game of Thrones after it, but how bad is Game of Thrones?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

The books are a little bit better than the tv show. The tv show is very inappropriate, as in, episode one has 3 (I think?) sex scenes with full nudity, and from what I have seen of it, there is about that many in every episode. On top of this there are crude, adult, references. The books are a little bit better, but they may be a little complicated and advanced for a 13 year old. I suggest try reading the first few pages and see if it is for you.

• ?

Game Of Thrones Inappropriate

Okay, first off A Song of Ice and Fire (the name of the series that A Game of Thrones is part of) is not as good as Lord of the Rings. Not that it's bad, it's just that Lord of the Rings is really, really good.

I have yet to see the t.v. set, although I am quite looking forward to doing so, although I have read the books several times and they are brilliant! Yes, they are pretty inappropriate at times but it's nothing that I didn't hear in Year 7 (age 11) when I joined high school. I know its different reading stuff than seeing stuff on t.v., but that all depends on your imagination and to be honest, I think that as a series it is far too good to miss just because you (or your parents) think it might be a little grown-up for you.

p.s. As much as (at 13) you may think you know pretty much everything about the ''adult world'', you don't. Don't **** yourself, even adults don't know that. I'm 17 now and I've learnt so much about life in general since I was 13, believe me you will look back on yourself in a few years and understand.

• A C

Yes there is cuss words and sexual imagery in A Song of Ice and Fire, and more so in the Tv series because lets face it without nudity Rome, Spartacus, and Game of Thrones would not get their viewers (its HBO after all). For a minor and young adult would say this story is inappropriate, but I would recommend reading it. As a fantasy fan it does trump Lord of the Rings in parts, but like all fantasies there's parts where it fails.

How inappropriate is Game of Thrones?

* It contains a lot of violence, explicit sex, sexual content, nudity, adult language.

one of my likers told me to stop calling it just calling it a TV show because it's also a book series

* He/she is correct.

how bad is Game of Thrones?

* Definitely not for 13 yrs olds.

* The book series (A Song of Fire and Ice) is a masterpiece of modern (current) fantasy fiction, similarily as The Lord of the Rings is the classical fantasy masterpiece.

You can read the books. There's sex, violence, incest, rape and strong language but I've read Y/A that includes some of these subjects. Of course, GoT is more descriptive because it's meant for adults.

I think you'll be fine but don't watch the show or at least don't watch it with any family members. It's a HBO show so what did you expect? The books are better anyway...

I'm 21, & there is no way in this universe that I'm watching GOT. It's exceedingly inappropriate!! It's basicly a porn show.

It's got a lot of sex and a lot of violence but it is part of one of the most amazing series ever.

I <3 A Song of Ice and Fire. Can't wait for book 6!

I'm 14.

Reading the e book instead of observing the movie is the ultimate way to see what the author meant. Reading uses your imagination, hones your reading skills, and can better your vocabulary

• harp

Watching tv is simpler but I love reading books more