seniors, how do you age good? with out the face master of suzanne sommers?

OK we all know suzanne is beautiful & has money !! but us people who isn't RICH!! how can we avoid wrinkles ? what can we use to make our face look younger? what ideas & tips? Id like to try the face master, but its COSTLEY !!!

Favorite Answer

I just checked out the face master online, the price quote I saw was $204, which really isn't that expensive. I'm giving thought to buying one just to see for myself if it really works.

After viewing the video I think there may be a whole range of dietary products and vitamin pills they claim you may need to take to get desired results from the facemaster.

I will continue to read more.

1

Source(s): Skin Like a 30 Years Old http://netint.info/StepsToLookingYounger
  • ceridd

Try to keep your stress levels as low as possible. NOTHING will age you as aggressively and completely as stress.

Alter your genetics. Glance around at your kin and it's easy to see where you are going.

PLEASE remove skin tags and the nasty, fleshy moles. MEN- Long eyebrows, nose and ear hair are disgusting - yes, even a small amount.

Suzanne Sommers has had a JOB for many decades, and a major part of her Job Description was to "Work Daily to Look as Good as Possible at All Times". She has been diligent and primarily focused on this every day since she was 20. The Face Master has nothing to do with it.

I have spent my years earning multiple degrees, raising multiple children, committed to 3 careers. She can not buy the fruits of my life on an Infomercial and I cannot buy hers.

Aged people who are thin and "toned" very rarely look good. They generally look knobby-boned, misshapen and emaciated & sagged in their "toned areas". An aged body that is average, perhaps even a bit over, looks healthy, fit, and compensates for all of that lost collagen. Bone degeneration and redistribution due to hormone loss will reshape it, despite a healthy diet and exercise. Seriously, is it all that terrible?

Ladies .... Minimize the make-up. You aren't hiding anything. You are only emphasizing every crepe, sag and wrinkle in your face. You are also distracting from the pretty features of your face (which you are refusing to notice because they are not a perfect image of their 40-yr-old version). Gentlemen ... No comb-overs, and keep your hair cut in a way that balances your balding. Balding on men who know how to DO it is quite sexy, so don't turn yourself into a joke. And WASH it! Greasy, balding hair is the worst, and no, washing your hair is not going to make it fall out faster. In fact, it stimulates the blood flow. That hair you see in your drain is going to fall out on the floor anyway!

In my opinion, if you are working hard at looking much younger than your chronological age, you probably don't look nearly as great as you could.

I know good grammar isn't much help regarding aging, but it makes for more pleasant and coherent reading.....

'Seniors, how to you age well..?'

'But we people who are not rich...

'I'd' (note the apostrophy) is a combination of 2 words 'I' and 'would' abreviated to 'I'd.'

As for the actual regime: some health tips might be practical.

Avoid smoking. That's face wrinkles right there.

Eat, drink, and slather on the antioxidants. When UV rays are absorbed by your skin, they create free radicals, which are volatile molecules. Those free radicals can latch onto your DNA and cause the mutations that cause wrinkles. Antioxidants help your body defend against free radicals. Combat wrinkles by eating foods and drinking beverages that contain antioxidants (pomegranates, acai, blueberries, green tea) and using creams or moisturizers that contain them.

Protect your skin from the sun. As you get older, the genes that control inflammation, the production and strength of collagen, and your skin's ability to retain water begin to behave in a way that encourages the formation of wrinkles. Those changes are caused by mutations. A study found that aged skin that hadn't been exposed to the sun had about 3,800 genetic mutations, while skin that had been exposed to the sun had around 10,000 mutations in the same genes! So if the risk of skin cancer isn't enough to get you to wear sunblock and wide-brimmed hats, let vanity persuade you. Women need to be careful while blocking sun rays. Vitamin D comes from the sun and is absorbed through the skin. Look up Vitamin D deficiency.

Wear sunglasses regularly. Not only will wearing sunglasses protect the delicate skin around your eyes from the sun, but it'll also help prevent squinting, which directly contributes to wrinkling.

Sleep on your back to prevent sleep lines, which can eventually turn into wrinkles.

Control your facial expressions. More animated expressions mean more creases, and creases eventually become wrinkles. It might be difficult, but try to do away with frowning, eyebrow raising, and squinting. Don't stop smiling or laughing, however. A genuine smile causes crow's feet around your eyes but the power of sincere joy against wrinkles may be stronger than the effects of not smiling...

Source(s): go to google and simply write 'avoid facial wrinkles' in the ask line. Many (many) articles and tips there

1. Stay well hydrated.

2. Do not eat processed 'food'.

3. Eat fruit, vegetables, nuts, nuts, seeds, legumes. Make sure you vary the grains you eat (as in breads, crackers and breakfast cereal - oats) and keep them wholegrain. Eat beef at least once a week. Fish and olive oil for Omega 3.

4. Maintain your weight in a healthy weight range for your height, age and gender.

5. Avoid excess consumption of alcohol and coffee.

6. Never consume carbonated beverages.

7. Exercise regularly and get plenty of sleep. When you start to nod off at about 9.00pm - go to bed.

8. Screw your face up as much as you like as it improves the circulation to your facial muscles and skin . It is also good exercise for your facial muscles and keeps them working well. However do so after moisturising and having a good drink of water.

9. Wear a hat while out in the sun and also sunscreen if you are that way inclined. I find them greasy and itchifying myself.

10. Think well of others - it shows on your face !

Source(s): It works for me.

Possible ways are :

Refrain from excessive drinking of alcohol. Getting enough rest. Eating a proper diet and not excessive compulsive eating. Getting daily exercise for body & mind. Drinking enough water to eliminate toxins & to replenish your skin's natural supply. Smiling. Meditation. Planning & working to free One's self from too much stress.

Finally have the right parents to get the best genes for aging well.

Source(s): just what I have read and seen with others who look & feel good with aging
  • MGD

Hi,

Use moisterizers and stay out of the direct sun. Nothing wrinkles your face faster that the sun - I speak from experience.

Also staying out of the sun helps to stave off Skin Cancer.

Prevention is better than cure - suntan might look cool but is bad for you - something we have learnt in the last 40 years.

regards Mike d

090213

Source(s): Learnt the hardway through experience
  • Shari

Skin exposed to a damp climate, fairs much better, than in a dry or humid one. People in

the northwest, are known to have great skin, that's slow to age. The skin retains its' moisture for one.

Women who use a nightly skin cream also keep their skin moisturized and soft. Doing facial

exercises where we blow air in our cheeks and inside the lip areas, keep their potential

age lines at bay as well. These are tricks I learned from my mom, plus I've read about

them to hold off wrinkles. And they all work, and especially well in combination with all of

them. My mom and I can attest to that.

1. Avoid the sun. NO tanning.

2. Not even tanning booths.

3. Exercise your face. Massage your face daily to keep the blood flowing. Use both hands.

4. Save your money.

Source(s): Exercise for 25 years.
  • ?

You must practice the Facercize Workout

every day. A good time to do this is on the

train on your way to work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jh6j1dpoDI

Youtube thumbnail

On the train ride back home, you can try this work out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaEjP8wp5lI

Youtube thumbnail