Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can I report my boyfriend's dad?

Okay ever since my boyfriend's dad found out he is gay, he has been nothing but mentally abusive. (I think so and I was wondering if you guys do too). He is constantly saying that he wishes that he wasn't gay you know the usual but even more...he goes off saying he is a queer and a ****** and even to the extent that he is disgracing his family name. (He has his dad name so he also said he is ruining that name as well), He pretty much makes his life a living hell. He doesn't let him go anywhere or do anything. It has gotten bad enough that his mom is even scared of his dad. I am begging for answers here...I want this to end....Is there anything LEGALLY I can do...


@Dart that is what I mean't. I was wondering if there was anyone could do to stop it...but as I live in Kentucky and do not know how it would be handled...

Update 2:

Thanks for all the LOGICAL answers. I didn't mean my question as me doing something...I know I worded it that way I apologize. I was asking if there is anyone me or him could go to for help on this matter....But I didn't know that Kentucky was that much of a homophobic state....but thanks for the answers. I have been talking with him about this for months now...

8 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Good news! You and your boyfriend are entitled to get out of there fast. Kentucky? That’s the state of the two most far right racist senators Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul. They hate gays and nothing good can come of this state until they are voted out. . They are all nuts and as prejudice as they come. I feel sorry for both of you . You live in a backwards 19th century state and you must GTFO before someone gets hurt. Leave and don’t look back. Never put up with any abuse for one second. Plan your escape wisely and go. God’s speed.

  • 8 years ago

    You might call Child Protective Services or whatever your state calls it & tell them of your concerns. Then they will determine whether to check further into the matter. If they do & determine that he is indeed being abused they might remove your bf from the home & put him in the custody of another family member.

    Before you do anything, you might want to make sure it's what your bf really wants. Sometimes those being abused still love their abuser & will attack those trying to save them. So, this might be a slippery slope that you probably shouldn't be involved. Your bf is used to taking his Dad's abuse & may not even realize the severity of the abuse...where you can see it clearly. So...BE CAREFUL...You might lose a bf by trying to help!!!

  • Gary B
    Lv 7
    8 years ago


    In fact, your BEST plan would be to BUTT OUT, and leave this guy alone.

    Boyfriends, girlfriends, "significant others", ANY unmarried relationship has NO legal rights on ANY person in the relationship, except those where a clear illegality has been done -- like physical violence, theft, and so on.

    While name calling shows a man of poor moral values, nothing he has done is illegal.

    YOU need to understand that YOU are a main issue in their relationship, and if you were not there a lot of this would not happen.

    If there is REALLY any love involved, YOU will back away, and save your "love" for an age in your life when such relationships are more acceptable -- like when you are BOTH older than 21, and can live on your own without parental permission.

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    Well, there's your problem: you're in a gay relationship in Kentucky.

    The best I can say is to step out. Invite your boyfriend as often as possible, and let him stay as long as he can. You both could try confronting him, unless there's a risk of physical violence. And if the man DOES get physically violent, get the police or Child Protection services involved.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

    you're dad if he knew you enable your boyfriend tension it, he had no precise to checklist it stolen, it extremely is a fraudulent checklist considering the fact that he gave you possession, meaning you additionally can supply temporary possession. Your boyfriend won't get in hardship as long as you gave him permission as a approved motive force of the motor vehicle. base line - in case you be attentive to your vehicle isn't stolen and you employ the police as a skill to get it lower back whilst a approved motive force gave permission and you be attentive to all this, it extremely is a fraudulent checklist barring any unknown aspects.

  • Bobbin
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    Unless Dad is physically abusive, there isnt anything to be done, especially if Mom is unwilling to stand up to him.

  • 8 years ago

    Tell him to stay at your place and if his father gets the police involved your bf can tell them he doesn't want to come back because his father bullies him.

  • 8 years ago

    His dad isn't hitting him or anything. Let them be. If he wanted to report his dad HE would not you. Just butt out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.