Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicCountry · 7 years ago

What is this dolly parton song about?

olene, jolene, jolene, jolene Im begging of you please don't take my man Jolene, jolene, jolene, jolene Please don't take him just because you can

Your beauty is beyond compare With flaming locks of auburn hair With ivory skin and eyes of emerald green Your smile s like a breath of spring Your voice is soft ike summer rain And I cannot compete with you, jolene He talks about you in his sleep There's nothing I can do to keep From crying when he calls your name jolene And I can easily understand How you could easily take my man But you don't know what he means to me, jolene

jolene, jolene, jolene, jolene Im begging of you please don't take my man Jolene, jolene, jolene, jolene Please don't take him just because you can

you could have your choice of men But I could never love again Hes the only one for me, jolene I had to have this talk with you My happiness depends on you And whatever you decide to do, jolene Jolene, jolene, jolene, jolene Im begging of you please don't take my man take him even though you can Jolene,

Favorite Answer

Its about a woman singing to another woman begging her not steal her man. Jolene is portrayed as this beautiful woman that the singer feels she doesnt compare to. The singer loves a man who appears to have feelings towards Jolene but she desperately doesnt want to lose him to Jolene.

Source(s): Reading the lyrics :) and knowing the song

It's about a married woman pleading with her husband's mistress to not take him away from her

It's a sad song :-( but beautiful

A woman is asking a promiscuous person to leave her man alone and don't steal him away from her.

Source(s): I know the song.