Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Do you think China's "one child" policy should be on a worldwide scale?

Not only would it control the population, but we can minimize aids and starvation in the lower-class countries.

For those who are not familiar, the policy doesn't say you 'aren't allowed' more than one child. But you wont receive government benefits for your family if you choose to.

What's you opinion?

Andymcj78 - Atheist - What countries are undergoing population shrinkage?

@Stephen - The population is approaching 7.1 billion. It already passed the 7 billion in 2011.

I was born in 1991. The population back then was around 5.3 billion. That's a period of 22 years, which is a massive gain. It's most defiantly out of control.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

China's one child policy is not applicable as you would imagine.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=130158&page=1

Babies left to die - and ultrasounds to determine if an abortion on gender is required!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6A8Yf89iA4

Youtube thumbnail

WARNING EXTREME - this is the attitude SOME have in such countries.

Now the last story is horrific but not directly related to the policy itself, but it shows just how some people disregard life.

So your policy on a worldwide scale would result in more situations like this.

Also the idea of china one couple one child does not apply to everyone. And it does not address over population - as with modern farming and food production overpopulation is exaggerated, it was until last year set at 7.1billion this is now 12.6billion for earth.

What you really need to do is address children born into poverty as each fuels the problem, poverty is fueled by having more children than you can afford of course!

Now the real facts are available world over population is now a myth.

There are two sides to this argument. One side is that we are approaching 7 billion people on this Earth and we are running out of resources. Lets lower the population intentionally to make sure there are still things left over. The other side is that we would be then presented with a 4 - 2 - 1 problem. Every kid out there would become spoiled brats and be only concerned with their own special interests more so then they are now. China actually has a HUGE problem right now, not in terms of sheer population, but their sex ratio is really messed up. They have considerably more men then women. The Chinese one child only policy has a loop hole in some areas where if your first child is male, you may have a second child.

So, no, I do not think it is a good idea.

i understand i've got mastered the means to stroll, communicate and consider. there is not something plenty left to learn in those fields, and that i will do all of it with finished ease. does not propose I never stub my toe, slur some words, or hit upon a sentence now and then, yet i've got reached a factor the place that is thoroughly causal. i'm not an olympic sprinter, or a public speaker, or a velocity reader -- those are all completely separate skills -- yet what I discovered is plenty to get by existence. I never overlook that the martial arts are spoke of as an artwork, no rely if or not it is an jap interpretation, yet interior the West this does have a purpose. An artwork could not be something you appropriate. track, portray and sculpting all have close to endless means, yet ranges of progression which you will would desire to "grasp" to get better. A black belt, as we've defined in the previous at right here, is approximately having an agency information of the basics, or "All uncomplicated strikes and ideas, would nicely be utilized with prolonged tension and proper application in uncomplicated mixture." the main words right here would be "all uncomplicated strikes and ideas" and "prolonged tension and proper application". i'd say there's a mastery of having discovered the standards and understand a thank you to place them to apply, in basic terms not something greater from the basics. i think of people bypass a splash too some distance with the be conscious, using it customarily erroneously, however the motive of conveniently and casually using what you have discovered is what they're all implying. As for the martial arts as an entire, that i believe is impossible, fantastically as an artwork.

Some countries are undergoing population shrinkage or low population growth while others are expanding rapidly so a one size fits all approach wouldn't be practical.

Edit- Shrinkage in comparative terms. Britain for example is predicted to have a greater population than Germany by 2060.

I think that we should have a New World Order and introduce population control schemes. Humanity has gotten out of control, and we need to make Order in this broken world with the New World Order. So we can make worldwide policies, with a One World Government, instead of limiting these useful policies to only China, a One World Government could apply it to the whole world.

I think we should have the freedom to have as many kids as we can support ourselves. I believe we should be cautious in having children when we can not afford them. This is freedom but also responsibility. People want the first without having the second.

I think it should be increased to at least two or three. I mean, what do you do with a woman who has triplets? Tell her she has to kill a few of them if she wants government benefits? Thats what they do in China last I checked...

• it depends on the country, there are countries where population is at a low, especially in europe.

For me, it depends on whether the parents can take care of the children or not. If the parents are more than capable, then its okay for them to have more than one. If the parents are incapable, they shouldn't have even one child.

• Jay R

Better than banning multiple births would be to promote contraception worldwide.