Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Creationists accept "micro" evolution but not "macro" evolution. Tell me, creationist?

is your proposed mechanism to prevent accumulated changes of "micro" evolution (your term, not modern science's) becoming "macro" evolution?

Which undiscovered (by science) mechanism prevents evolution leading to speciation?

Update:

Dawn: Wrong. Genomes tend to get bigger, not smaller, because of a number of mechanisms including duplications, retro- and pararetroviruses, transposons, polyploidy. Ask your pastor to clarify these terms for you... Haha

Update 2:

David: I hope you were being ironic or something. Otherwise your response is a huge steaming pile of uninformed you-know-what

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

I always tell them that they are full of macro and micro bologna

• 7 years ago

The terms micro and macro are not that helpful.

The key is information, or function. This is the great stumbling block for evolution.

There is a lot of confusion about the word evolution. Some people use it to mean simply Natural Selection, which is observed and not controversial (eg Darwin's finches in Galapagos). But is is also used to mean the hypothesis that one kind of animal has changed into another.

E (goo-to-you) is the hypothesis that animals can change into different kinds of animals by means of natural selection working on genetic mutations.

These alleged mutations need to have added vast amounts of genetic information. However no such genetic mutation has ever been observed. Mutations are information neutral or lossy.

'But E is too slow to see' protest the Eists. Well then it's not observable and not worthy of being even called a theory. In any case, time is the enemy - mutations are resulting in the degradation of the gene pool - that is observable.

Many evolutionists (deliberately?) mislead people by calling NS evolution and then claiming E is proved.

http://creation.com/mutations-new-information

• David
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

You're assuming far too much. The premise of micro evolution is held by only a very small population of people, who are not, strictly speaking, creationists.

Micro evolution, macro evolution, special theory of evolution, general theory of evolution and sexual theory of evolution are terms created by evolutionists, not creationists, to try to patch the holes in the evolution theory.

Charles Darwin, the father of the theory of evolution, dispels most of the individual evolutionary theories.

Here, Darwin dispels micro evolution:

To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selections, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree.

Here, Darwin dispels geologic evolution:

Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and serious objection which can be urged against the theory.

Here, Darwin dispels general evolution:

For I am well aware that scarcely a single point is discussed in this volume on which the facts cannot be adduced, often apparently leading to conclusions directly opposite to those which I have arrived.

I was a young man with unformed ideas. I threw out queries, suggestions, wondering all the time over everything; and to my astonishment the ideas took like wildfire. People made a religion out of them.

There is a grandeur in this view of life, with several powers, having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms, or into one. - Origin of Species by way of Natural Selection

Christ Jesus and His salvation. Is not that the best theory? My favorite book? Hebrews, still Hebrews. "The Royal Book" I call it. - Darwin

Evolution defies the laws of general dynamics. Against the laws of physics and thermodynamics, evolution breaks down at each and every turn.

Genomes can only get bigger or smaller if it can be proved that they evolve in one direction or another. This has never been proved. The gold fish has a more developed genome, if you count numbers as proof, than either the primates or man.

• CRR
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Micro-evolution is a change in allele frequency in a population over time, and can result in the appearance of new species withing the existing kind. This changes the frequency but does not create any new alleles or genes.

Macro-evolution requires the production of new alleles and genes to change one kind into another.

So no amount of micro-evolution will *ever* result in macro-evolution.

So the appearance of a new species of mosquito such as the London Underground mosquito is an example of micro-evolution.

@a Real Truthseeker. Well said

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

you are made of a trillion cells from a half a trillion generations but the cells never seem to form new organelles why ? The earth is 4.6 billion years but we only have 5 or 7 kingdoms why even after the Permian extinction where they claim 90% life died we did not have new kingdoms why ?

Evolution is not true God said animals were to each of it's kind. Different species don't form viable offspring why?

Do I believe in genetic varaience from DNA yes Do I thing these variance forms new species no

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

When you start mixing different breeds of pigeons together after a few generations they begin to revert back to the original pigeon breed. They do not create another type of pigeon. The way to keep pigeon breeds going is keep breeding pigeons with the same breed.

• a
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

God.

We were made by God because evolution cannot create this diversity.

Evolution cannot create this diversity because God stops it.

It makes so much sense that it proves itself!

• 7 years ago

micro is smaller

• Seeker
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

That's where Creationists are so cute and so retarded.

SCIENCE IS RIGHT THERE PEOPLE !!!

Genesis is True, but not Fact.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

because your little 'mutation' theory doesnt create any new code .. it deforms or eliminates dna code .. if they didnt leave crucial little information like that out of your indoctrinated education the theory would have been relegated to myth decades ago ..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.