UK companies that would hire 15 year olds?

I turn fifteen in a few weeks, and I am desperate for a job. Not just for the extra cash, but for the experience as it will help me later on in life. I am aware of the laws about needing your NIN number to work at major companies.. but I am wandering if you know of any companies that would hire a 15 year old? Any help would be much appreciated:)

• Tavy
    Favorite Answer

Boots and WH Smith do. You could apply to them. You do not need your NI number as you do not pay it until you are 16. Forget chores for neighbours, your parents would be mortified if you ask neighbours to do jobs for money. Come the Spring, cafes, restuarants, small shops and garden centres employ 15 year olds. There is hope.

UK

JAN should read the UK Working Time Regulations.

Source(s): Have employed loads of 15 year olds as have every business in the Tourism Industry in the West Country.
  • Erika

Companies That Employ 15 Year Olds

• !

You don't pay NI until you are 16, so don't need an NI number to work - but no UK companies these days hire children of 15, except perhaps newsagents for paper rounds and (now quite rare) hairdressers and places like beach cafes.

Best bet is chores for neighbours until you are at least 16.

• Jan409

The law exists for all companies as does the national minimum wage legislation

So apart from a paper round there is nothing you can work at legally

until you have your N.I. card and number

Source(s): uk