Jarin asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 years ago

Can I make JV football as a Freshman?

I have been playing football since 6th grade and have ways started. I want to start JV as a freshman.

Here are so details about me

Pros

6, 0

180 pounds

I play hard never run away from a tackle (meaning not afraid to get hit)

I swim of blockers good

run fast for my size

Cons

My awareness is not to best

Please put positive feedback and tell me if u think I can make it.

Favorite Answer

Well it really depends what STATE you live in. I live in California and i know a lot of schools around here only have J/V and V teams, therefore you would have no trouble starting with your experience. Also, you being 6 ft. and 180 pounds that is a coach's dream player at such a young age here in Los Angeles where i reside.

But just DONT let any one tell you that you are not good enough push yourself to the fullest limit and only great things await you.

GOOD LUCK

• Susan

You sound like quite the athelete. Thats one of the reasons say JV. You may be small but on JV you will be more reconized and on Varsity by your Soph year. If you prove yourself you can start as a Sr maybe a Jr and a 2 year starter is just what a college wants. you will grow also so dont worry about gettin owned

Every body makes the team if your transferring from 8th to 9th. At my school they do. This information isn't good enough for someone to judge if you will make it or not. But all I will say is PLAY EVERY PLAY LIKE IT'S YOUR LAST & DON'T BE OUTWORKED. That's my motto. I might go try out at spring tryouts for my senior year.