aleksandra asked in TravelFranceParis · 8 years ago

Is salary of 1400 euros per month enough for basic costs of living in area of Clichy, France?

Favorite Answer

Yes it is. Lots of people make that much. Paris banlieu is much less expensive than the city center. Rent is not cheap though. Half of your money will go to the apartment, most of the rest will go to groceries and transportation. You should have enough left over to go out for dinner twice a month.

Source(s): I lived in Paris

It is pretty much the minimum wage in France, based on 9.50 euro per hour and 7 hours a day, as the norm is. Quite a few people live on this, or even lesser, amount.

• NeS

Money's gonna be very tight, my friend.

Most landlords won't rent to you (they expect the salary to be 3x the rent and you'll need to prove that someone can paid it if you fail to)

"You should have enough left over to go out for dinner twice a month. / I lived in Paris" When was that? In the 60s?

Source(s): I was thinking, there're actually 2 (to my knowledge) "Clichy" in the suburbs of Paris (Clichy and Clichy-sous-Bois, sometimes referred to as just "Clichy"). Which one are you talking about? Clichy is in the expensive suburbs whereas Clichy-sous-Bois is in a very sh*tty area.

Before or after taxes ? before taxes, It will be quite hard, after taxes, it should be fine if you manage your budget correctly

do not overspending then it is enough