Cruise for Feb vacation?

Want to take my 9 year old on a cruise this Feb vacation. suggestions?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

First, you need to know that cruises do book up and it's not easy to get a good price on a cruise at the last minute. A cruise in Feb 2013 IS last minute.

Also, you need to know that all cruise cabins are sold based on double occupancy and the prices listed will be per person and based on at least two people going on the cruise. (If you have a 3rd and/or 4th person in your cabin their fare is generally about 50% of the first two persons. The price you pay will depend mostly on the type cabin/accommodations that you choose. There are 4 basic types of cabins on ships;

- inside (no window),................................… least expensive

- outside (a window or porthole),

- balcony/veranda, and

- suites and penthouses.......................... most expensive.

On some Royal Caribbean ships they have inside cabins that overlook an interior pedestrian mall and they are a great price. The "FROM" prices you see will always be for an inside cabin.

I suggest that you take your nine year old on one of Royal Caribbean's Oasis Class ships, Oasis of the Seas, or Allure of the Seas. Both are great for kids and adults; have lots of activities free for kids and adults included in the price of the cruise. Take a look at what Oasis (and Allure) ships offer: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/cl...

Here's a link to some cruises on these ships, Eastern and Western Caribbean: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/v...

OR, go on the Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas leaving from Port Canaveral Florida: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/v...

Source(s): experience of MANY cruises
  • 8 years ago

Have you ever cruised before? If not, you don't really have time to research and decide upon all the variables involved in a cruise. You could go to a travel agent, who would have lots of questions for you but who could also explain some of those variables.

Also, if you're asking about Presidents' Week, it's unlikely you'll be able to book anything for this February, as it's a busy time and it's already last minute. The deals will all be gone and it may be that only the more expensive cabins will be available.

Your library has books on the subject of cruising, if you want to do some research.

• 8 years ago

I agree on the suggestion about vacationstogo.com. Find something you like, then go on cruise critic,com and read the reviews. I travel a lot so I book my own, but if you are unfamiliar with it, find a local travel agent to set you up. If you use facebook, put out a post asking your friends if they know any good local agents.

• 8 years ago

well Go to Freeport bahamas or Jamaica or goign any nic eislands

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Ask your local travel agent he/she will Gladly help you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.