What is the cartoon Adventure Time all about?

Recently I have been watching the cartoon Adventure Time. And it's awesome by the way. I kind of get the gist of it. So it's about a boy and his magical dog. But it just seems like there's more to the show. The thing that made me fall in love with the show is just how weird it is. It's like no other cartoon I've ever seen. So if anyone out there knows about the show, tell me. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Adventure Time really isn't about anything. It is a random show.

The back story is that there was some kind of nuclear war that destroyed much of the world. After about 1,000 years, magic returns and now the world is called the 'Land of Ooo'. During those 1,000 years, Marceline the Vampire Queen was a little girl, and there was a man named Simon who met Marceline and helped her adjust to the post-apocalyptic world. Simon had found a magical crown, and it started to affect his mind, making him slwoly go crazy and turn into the 'Ice King'. In the present, Finn the human boy (who may be the last human on earth? They hint he might not be) and his magical dog Jake roam the land and have adventures. Somehow a whole kindom of candy was created, with candy people, and their princess is Princess Bubblegum (No King or Queen as far as I know). Princess Bubblegum is a candy person too, not human. Ice King is crazy and likes to capture princesses. There is another kingdom, the 'Fire' kingdom where everyone is a flame. There is a 'Flame' princess who Finn is dating. Princess Bubblegum has a best friend 'Lady Rainicorn' (combination of a rainbow and a unicorn) that is Jakes girlfriend (or wife? They had puppies already) There is an evil Lich that has smethign to do with the war, and other characters that have ties to the war that haven't been explianed yet

The show revolves around Finn the human and Jake the dog. They have an enemy called Ice King who keeps trying to capture princesses. They are also friends with Princess Bubblegum, the princess of the Candy Kingdom. They save her when Ice King kidnaps her. They have this little friend called Beemo who is like a 'gameboy'. They also have a friend called Marceline the Vampire Queen. She turns out a bit bad at first, but when Finn and Jake become close friends with her, she turns out to be nice.

Marceline and Princess Bubblegum used to be friends I think. OH! Almost forgot. There's this little worm called Shelby (that's me) who lives in Jake's viola. Yeah, Jake plays the viola. He's a musical dog.

Source(s): I love Adventure Time.

it's about finn and jake's adventures in a post apocalyptic world where they save princesses from ice king,who once was a man named simon,but over the course of 1000 years,has gone crazy.they also save the world from creatures like the lich,who want to destroy it

Well, all you have to know about the show is, it's "RANDOM". Anything could happen in the show. :-)

Source(s): By the way, I, Earl of Lemongrab, am one of the characters of the show. I am one of the experiments of Princess Bubblegum gone wrong. Mehehehe.