What are some good books/series to read?

I'm 19 and need a good series to read. I'm pregnant and trying to pass by time lol.

I've read:

Fifty shades trilogy

Harry Potter Series

The hunger games Trilogy

Twilight Saga

I need some good books to read! Doesn't necessarily have to be a series.

Favorite Answer

Here are some series that I enjoyed. I'm going to provide brief descriptions for a few very good ones, rather than an incredibly long list (like another answerer did above me) because who wants to go through the trouble of looking up fifty books, one by one, on amazon?

You could try Graceling by Kristen Cashore.

His eyes. Kasta had never seen such eyes. One was silver and the other, gold. They glowed in his sun-darkened face, uneven, and strange. She was surprised that they hadn’t shown in the darkness of their first meeting. They didn’t seem human…

Then he raised his eyebrows a hair, and his mouth shifted into the hint of a smirk. He nodded at her, just barely, and it released her from her spell. Cocky, she thought. Cocky and arrogant, this one, and that was all there was to make of him. Whatever game he was playing, if he expected her to join he would be disappointed.

In a world where people born with an extreme skill --- called a grace --- are feared and exploited, Kasta carries the burden of a grace that even she despises: the grace of killing. She lives under the command of her uncle Randa, King of the Middluns, and is expected to execute his dirty work, punishing and torturing anyone who displeases him. Until she decides to rebel.

..........................................

Or Terrier (The Legend of Beka Cooper, #1) by Tamora Pierce

Sixteen-year-old Beka Cooper lives far removed from knights, palaces, and the nobility. Her world revolves around thieves, beggars, taverns, and the lowest of the low. She's a trainee for the Provost's Guard—a rookie cop, in a world where a cop makes her own name based on her personality, her attitude toward money, and her love of the law. Beka means to prove that she is out to make her mark in this hard and physical world. She does face a large obstacle. She's shy. Painfully shy. It's hard for her to talk to people she doesn't know. It's a problem for the Guards who train her, a real problem for Beka—unless she can figure out that a uniform is a kind of costume, one she can hide behind. One that will make her a more outspoken person. Luckily, she has one friend living with her in her slum apartment: a purple-eyed black cat named Pounce. He can make himself understood in human speech if he wishes to. He's capable of doing weirdly intelligent things to help his young companion Beka. With Pounce to assist her, Beka cannot have an ordinary career.

(Oh, and she has magic. The book is a fantasy murder mystery, it’s great. Anything by Tamora Pierce is great, really.)

.............................................

Another great book is Poison Study by Maria Snyder. I couldn't find a better description, but trust me, it's good! It has some mature stuff though, just a warning. I mean seriously mature stuff. (Though it has some tough stuff, it's worth the read, it's amazing.)

Here is a description:

About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered a reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooms in the palace, and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia. And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust, and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison. As Yelena tries to escape her dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and she develops magical powers she can't control. Her life’s at stake again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren’t so clear! A romance blossoms, a power grows, and villians plot. Will Yelena be able to save her friends, and herself?

………………………………..

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Starts a little slow but gets amazing pretty quickly:

My name is Kvothe. I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day.

You may have heard of me.

so begins the tale of Kvothe—from his childhood in a troupe of traveling players, to years spent as a near-feral orphan in a crime-riddled city, to his daringly brazen yet successful bid to enter a difficult and dangerous school of magic. In these pages you will come to know Kvothe as a notorious magician, an accomplished thief, a masterful musician, and an infamous assassin. But The Name of the Wind is so much more—for the story it tells reveals the truth behind Kvothe's legend.

....................................

Book Descriptions:

I hope I helped, but if you don't like the sound of any of those then try: www.whatshouldireadnext.com or www.tastekid.com

Good luck with your upcoming bundle of joy, and happy reading!

• A song of ice and fire series. Game of thrones, the show is based on this. It's complex and interesting (warning-sometimes graphic) but very good. I'm on book 3.

The inheritance cycle series?

Need to read because you will be updated with new updates on good things.

• Spike

How about any of these books and series. IF you need info on any of them you can always look them up at Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble(bn.com).

Empire Falls by Richard Russo

Paris in Love by Eloisa James

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

A Paradise Built in Hell by Rebecca Solnit

Lilies of the Field by William E. Barrett

The Sultan of Atlantic City by Lee Rudolph

Slummy Mummy by Fiona Neill

The Late Child : A Novel by Larry McMurtry

Xanth series by Piers Anthony (over 40 something novels in the series)

Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey

Mage Winds series by Mercedes Lackey

Five Hundred Kingdoms Series by Mercedes Lackey

Godplayer by Robin Cook

Critical by Robin Cook

Death Benefit by Robin Cook

Harvest by Tess Gerritsen

Gravity by Tess Gerritsen

Rizzoli and Isles Series by Tess Gerritsen

The Red Chamber by Pauline A. Chen

The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan

The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See

The World of Suzie Wong: A Novel by Richard Mason

Crown Jewel by Fern Michaels

The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger

Nanny Diaries: A Novel by Emma Mclaughlin and Nicola Kraus

Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner

The Next Best Thing by Jennifer Weiner

Escape by Barbara Delinsky

I Still Dream About You: A Novel by Fannie Flagg

American Shaolin: Flying Kicks, Buddhist Monks, and the Legend of Iron Crotch: An Odyssey in the New China by Matthew Polly

The Soong Dynasty by Sterling Seagrave

Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America by Barbara Ehrenreich

Bait and Switch: The (Futile) Pursuit of the American Dream by Barbara Ehrenreich

Scratch Beginnings: Me, $25, and the Search for the American Dream by Adam W. Shepard

Climbing the Ladder in Stilettos: 10 Strategies for Stepping Up to Success and Satisfaction at Work by Lynette Lewis

The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz

The MoneySmart Family System: Teaching Financial Independence to Children of Every Age by Steve & Annette Economides

Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins

The Folly of Fools: The Logic of Deceit and Self-Deception in Human Life by Robert Trivers

They Don't Teach Corporate in College: A Twenty-Something's Guide to the Business World by Alexandra Levit

No More Ramen: The 20-Something's Real World Survival Guide: Straight Talk on Jobs, Money, Balance, Life, and More by Nicholas Aretakis

My Reality Check Bounced! The Twentysomething's Guide to Cashing in on Your Real-World Dreams by Jason R. Dorsey

There's More to Life Than Making a Living: Mastering Six Key Essentials on the Way to a Life of Significance by Jack C. McDowell with Phil Needham