Saran-wrap plastic substance emerged on bottom of pan after boiling water and cooking pasta?

So I cooked Barilla pasta for dinner and once it finished boiling, the water disappeared and a thin plastic wrap substance had formed on base of pan and I was actually bale to peel this off. There was definitely nothing like this before I poured/boiled the water. Does anyone know what this plastic stuff could be... show more So I cooked Barilla pasta for dinner and once it finished boiling, the water disappeared and a thin plastic wrap substance had formed on base of pan and I was actually bale to peel this off. There was definitely nothing like this before I poured/boiled the water. Does anyone know what this plastic stuff could be and if it could be harmful to eat the pasta that was cooked in the same place it formed?

Thanks! :)
Update: Good response, Fiction! But this hasn't happened when I cooked the pasta before (used a different pan). I washed out the pan before using it, too...but I suppose if this happens to you a lot and has not been harmful, I should be fine.

Thanks!