How strict are the window tint laws in Arkansas?

I am getting my windows tinted thursday and the Arkansas law says 25% on side windows and 10%, unfortunately window tint shades are 5, 15, 20, 30, 35 and so on. i was thinking about just doing 20 on the sides and either 5 or 15 on the back, depending on how strict the law is on it.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • q S
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Remember your windows are already tinted so that they allow only 70% visible light transmission with the mandatory UV filter. So if you put 30% on top of the 70% combined it could drop you below 20%. The tint place should have a tint meter to ensure that you are street legal when you drive away. This could avoid the costly and inconvenient vehicle impound.

10% VLT on the back 25% VLT on the sides. Arkansas and New Mexico have the darkest tints in the nation. You may not be able to drive your car in the other states.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Arkansas Window Tint Laws

• 3 years ago

Arkansas Tint Laws

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How strict are the window tint laws in Arkansas?

I am getting my windows tinted thursday and the Arkansas law says 25% on side windows and 10%, unfortunately window tint shades are 5, 15, 20, 30, 35 and so on. i was thinking about just doing 20 on the sides and either 5 or 15 on the back, depending on how strict the law is on it.

Source(s): strict window tint laws arkansas: https://tr.im/sFYZK
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

35% For the Front two doors and 20% Back doors and Hatch. Where I'm from they aren't too strict on this so I have 20% all around.

Blake

2001 Camaro SS...soon to be Outlaw Radial Ready...well...one day maybe!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.