Would you ever tattoo your significant other's name on your body, why or why not?

A Russian man has tattooed his name on the face of his girlfriend, after knowing her for just 24 hours. The pair reportedly met in an online chatroom and now are engaged. Would you ever tattoo your significant other's name anywhere on your body?

Article: http://news.yahoo.com/man-tattoos-name-onto-girlfr...

• Favorite Answer

Nah, i don't see how that shows that you love them... You can do much more better things. Plus you never know what will happen between you two in the future... If they end up hurting you i don't think you'd want their name on you... So like i just said..stick to showing them love in other ways... The only persons name i'd get on my body is my mom or dad, or my grandparents. They have got my back since the beginning and always will...

Wait a second while I just read this story.......

"A Russian man has tattooed his name on the face of his girlfriend, after knowing her for just 24 hours. The pair reportedly met in an online chat room and now are engaged."

I just...what the ......I don't know what to say other than enjoy your tattoo when your 70

That is just stupid...

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Article:...

Source(s): tattoo significant 39 body not: https://shortly.im/5Xb4B

No, I would not.

Tattoos last forever. Love may not.

I am engaged to a wonderful man, and I don't feel our relationship won't last, but since there is always a possibility as no one can see the future, I wouldn't have his name tattooed anywhere on my body.

After all, it would be a bit unappealing if I were to date a guy who had his previous loves name tattooed on his body.

You could as well love your partner until you die and not have any adversity of the tattoo, but then again, maybe not. Maybe you'll break up and when you find someone else, I'm pretty sure they'll have difficulty accepting the fact you have your ex's name printed on your body. You might end up regretting it. Like when you regret a haircut, except you can't just grow your inked body back to normal, you have to deal with it.

No way. That's like the kiss of death for relationships. Want to guarantee a breakup? Get their name tattooed on you.

I know too many people who have their ex's names tattooed on long after they've broken up. SO tacky! Would you want to date someone with someone else's name tattooed on them? Neither would I. And I wouldn't wish that on whoever I'm dating either.

No.

You can't predict the future. You could as well love your partner until you die and not have any adversity of the tattoo, but then again, maybe not. Maybe you'll break up and when you find someone else, I'm pretty sure they'll have difficulty accepting the fact you have your ex's name printed on your body. You might end up regretting it. Like when you regret a haircut, except you can't just grow your inked body back to normal, you have to deal with it.

It would be better getting something subtle tattooed onto your body that resembles a memory or moment in your relationship.

Never ever. Though some relationships do last, literally, till death do they part, a lot don't. Maybe matching tattoos, but I would never go as far to tattoo someone else's name (unless family as a memorial) on my body. Some people find this sweet and endearing, but what about the people who are weirded out over it, or the people who go way too far? Knowing someone for 24 hours? You don't know anything about someone. You don't know their habits or quirks yet - the things that make someone who they are, the things you're attracted to or turned off by.

Back to the original question though, I think it's pure bad luck to get someone's name tattooed on you. When you do split or divorce from this person, they're not with you forever but your tattoo is. And it's a really big turn off if you have someone else's name tattoed on you.

If the person and I were to break up, where would I go from there knowing that there's their name permanently inked on my body? A ring is enough to symbolize my love for them, as well as some gifts here and there. But getting a tattoo? No chance.

I think tattooing a name onto your body is ridiculous. Then again I think that tattooing anything onto a conspicuous part of your body causes you more harm than good. A person with a tattoo on his/her face, neck, or arms closes a lot of career opportunities.Probably not, because if something were too hapoen between kyou, it woul d be there forever. Also, if say pn of the partners passed away, perhaps spmeone who doesnt deal with stresswell wouod have that cpnstant reminder of the relationship everyday, and would probably have a hard tome fonding a new spouse.

I'm soon getting a tattoo of something that I once drew my husband when we were in a long.distance relationship.

Now that we're married, I am going to tattoo the picture on my wrist with his name incorporated into it.

We have been through.... a lot. Not bad things or fighting or the like, but we have our own little love story, and I want to honour it.