Item not received case on eBay, but don't have money for refund?

I just recently sold an item a couple weeks ago, which the buyer claims he never got. So he filed a case on it, and preferred a refund. This put a hold on my funds on PayPal and I had a negative balance due to me not having sufficient funds for the buyer. I selected the refund option because having a negative... show more I just recently sold an item a couple weeks ago, which the buyer claims he never got. So he filed a case on it, and preferred a refund. This put a hold on my funds on PayPal and I had a negative balance due to me not having sufficient funds for the buyer. I selected the refund option because having a negative balance is NOT GOOD on any account. But my real question here; will the buyer receive his funds even though it resulted in a negative?? If not, then I have to go through the red tape just to zero my balance back and still have an unhappy customer. That I do not want...