Question about VA home loan...?

Ok so I am in the Marine Corps and been in around 5 years. I am stationed in Hawaii with my wife and my father lives back in Tampa, FL where I would like to purchasea house. I have another 2 1/2 years left here in hawaii but we want to purchase a house now so my dad can move in and start paying our morgage payments. So I called navy federal credit union and they said that

1) I cant put the taxes and closing cost into the loan. Basically we want to move in with zero down and not pay anything fees or anything.

2) They said I have to occupy the house in order to use the VA loan.

Can someone tell me a way around this or a bank that would be better then navyfed. Thanks

Favorite Answer

This might preset a problem to you in the purchase of a house using your VA housing benefit. In order to approved for your VA mortgage loan, one requirement is that you use it as your primary residence.

While completing your mortgage application you would list your duty station as Hawaii. No one would believe that you would be commuting to Hawaii on a daily or weekly basis.

One way you might be able to be approved is for you to indicate your wife would be staying in the property until you were out of the Marine Corp. Normally your family is able to occupy your primary home while serving overseas.

While we all know that Hawaii is a state , however, it is considered an overseas assignment in the military.

You may ask for a VA no no in your offer on the property. In this way you might be required to pay the insurance and taxes. Depending on the cost of the house you purchase this could be in the price range of $1,500 to some where around $2,500.

In obtaining a VA no no all the cost of the fees and points of the mortgage loan is rolled into the your mortgage. As an example if the cost to obtain your mortgage loan was 2 points plus $500.00 funding fee. If your loan amount was $150,000. Two points would be $3000 plus the $500.00 for a total of $3500.00. In this example your total loan amount would be a total of $153,500.

Closing cost is different where you might request the seller pay. Most sellers would be willing to pay your non recurring closing cost with you paying the recurring closing cost such as your insurance and taxes.

I hope this has been of some benefit to you, good luck.

"FIGHT ON"

• glenn

Several years back I helped a bunch of people buy homes using VA loans. Sometimes they were able to negotiate that the seller paid for their closing costs- that way you could get in for no money at all- check on that.

Also talk to a real estate lender in Florida. Someone local to the area you will be buying in. Talk to an individual that is very experienced and knows all the rules- not just read them but has used them for years. You are not allowed to buy a house that you are not going to live in- but maybe the rules do allow something that could apply in this case. I think you are saying this is your home and you will live there as soon as you get back. Check with them and see if there is a rule that helps in this case.

Most people ask the sellers to pay their closing costs anyway so you don't need them included. VA REQUIRES you to escrow for taxes and insurance & if you ask sellers to pay closing costs adn Prepaids it will cover that. The one issue we can't get around is the owner occupied part. VA does not do rental or investment properties period. Sorry!

Source(s): Mortgage lender 27 years.. VA everyday!

That's the catch. You would not be using as your residence. FHA loans are the same way. For you to make this work now you would have to go with conventional financing of at least 10% down.

realtor.sailor

Source(s): I'm a FL Realtor

on the beginig my pal who's additionally finding for abode very own loan has distinctive questions in his ideas he additionally % my help beause i'm working in economic corporation. yet i come across obtainable is extra efficient physique for him is this company that isn't help him yet in addition instruct him precise way approximately laons it is the internet that can assist you in addition to could superb regards