Pepper
Pepper asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Do you agree with Tom Brokaw's statement?

I just heard him say that people dont want the media to tell them what has happened, but instead what it means. Is that attitude the root of the problem with the mainstream media?

@Dawn- Last time I checked, Brokaw wasnt an anchor at FOX. LOL!!

• Erik
    Favorite Answer

He isn't telling you how the news should be - he is telling you what gets the most ratings. People drive the content of the news.

It's the attitude of the people, not Brokaw that is the problem with the media.

If people wanted facts, they would watch BBC/NPR instead of FOX/MSNBC/etc

that's actually what fox news does and what it started...

Brokaw didn't use to do that... he was on NBC for years...

some in the liberal media have started taking the "fox news" approach because it gets ratings... but I think it's a shame...

just look at the recent shootings... cons seem to want to just ignore them all and pretend they never happened and instead talk about Obama going skeet shooting all day...

and then they say LIBERAL MEDIA has the agenda by paying attention to shootings and not focusing more on the president saying he shoots skeets?

if you don't see a problem there... then it's likely you're way down the rabbit hole too deep already...

I remember when shootings with tons of deaths were news... and I think they still are

Yes it is. What Brokaw really means is that the media would prefer to be the ones helping people beleive what they want them to believe. FOX does the very best job at that, but they all do it....they are all, afterall, corporate news media, doing the bidding of large, multi national corporations.

• Erika

of course this election became all approximately race. while Obama first got here on the scene the outcry from blacks became that he became no longer black adequate yet all of them flocked to vote for the guy. He % a racist black preacher to communicate that made racist jokes. then you fairly bought the liberals voting for him that have been bombarded (indoctrinated) with the white guilt syndrome. ....after which you merely could desire to look at a place like Y/A and notice how often a query approximately race comes up.

• John M

No.

Tom Brokaw reads a script, and has no real knowledge of his own.

That's definitely a problem, as objectivity is lost in personal takes on a subject.

He's right. That's what good journalists do. They attempt to put stories in context. You seem to be confusing the explaining of a story with giving an opinion on it.

• Big Mo

Nope, I want to know what happened. I can figure things out on my own without a reporters biased input.

• Sugar

Maybe some people but not this person.

• Greg

I don't agree he said that.

Is that enough??