How would i get emancipated? In the state of new mexico?

Well, i'll be turning 16 soon and I want to move out, i have a job and i already graduated. I know i could hold down a job and a place to live, like no doubts. But how would I do that, in New Mexico?

1 Answer

  • wizjp
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer


    Any individual 16 or older can become emancipated if 1) he/she has entered into a valid marriage, 2) is on active duty with any of the armed forces of the U.S., or 3) has received a delcaration of emancipation. In order to receive a declaration of emancipatioin, a minor must petition the children's court of the district in which he/she lives. Before the petition can be heard, that minor's parents or guardian will be notified. Either side has the right to file a petition for a writ of mandamus to contest the results of the hearing.

    Any person who meets one of the three criteria above shall be granted a declaration of emancipation.


    Article 21 of the State Constitution regarding the emancipation of minors:

    For emancipated minors and medical care:

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.