I look really ugly in photographs, does that mean I look ugly?

I don't like to pose and give the i-dont-care emotion but when it was posted on facebook i look really ugly. And my friend looks really pretty in the picture, as apposed to her okay looking face in real life.

I look reall ugly in photos, does that mean i look ugly ?

Favorite Answer

Not at all.

Look at models. Some are very ordinary looking, but, the camera just "captures" something that works. I know of people who are decent looking, or even pretty, but, never in pictures - and, I know people who look awesome in pictures, but, in real life, only so-so.

I've no idea why this is, but, the whole modelling industry is based on it, so, it is a real thing.

Not at all, all rising film stars had to go through the dreaded screen test, if the camera didn't like them, end of career.

Many that you would call beautiful or handsome didn't make it. Many with just OK looks did.

The camera has the uncanny knack of finding the genuine. The soul does seem to shine through.

If you can define 'Ugly' then you are the only person I know who can. Beauty really is in the eyes of the beholder. One man's ugly is another man's beauty.

Chris

No angles and lighting make a world of difference

It means that the photographer was a moron.

• Paul B

It means somebody else will find you attractive :)