What are these actors famous for?

I'm having trouble finding the answer to this,

what are some famous roles that these actors have played?

Nicole Kidman

Jim Broadbent

I'm doing a review on Moulin Rouge (which they both starred in) and want to refer to other roles that they're famous for.

Thanks!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Nicole Kidman: Batman Forever (1995) as Dr. Chase Meridian; The Hours (2002) as Virginia Woolf

Jim Broadbent: Gangs of New York (2002) as William "Boss" Tweed; Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009) as Professor Horace Slughorn

Source(s): imdb.com
  • 8 years ago

Nicole Kidman was in The Golden Compass as Marisa Coulter.

And Jim Broadbent was in Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince as well as Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows Part 2, he acted as Professor Horace Slughorn.

• What context are you referring to their other roles? Is it based on their versatility? The strength of their performances in Moulin Rouge? How their performances prior to Moulin Rouge shaped their performance or how after the musical they gained more fame/praise. For example Ewan Mc Gregor shocked everyone with his amazing tenor voice and went on to star as Sky Masterson in Guys and Dolls on the West End.

Nicole Kidman - Eyes wide shut - that was a film she starred in with her then husband Tom Cruise would be a good parallel. Stanley Kubrick directed it and it was very erotic.

- The Hours, she won an Oscar for best leading actress for her portrayal of Virginia Woolf, a very troubled but strong woman who ended up committing suicide.

-The Stepford Wives (remake) and Bewitched - Oh dear on both parts

Jim Broadbent - tends to play very lovely cuddly understanding father figures. Bridget Jones' Diary he played her father, Harry Potter. You could tie that in with the fact that even though he is a filthy pimp he still has that jolly father figure element in Moulin Rouge.

Hope that helped.

Source(s): My head and films I have seen
  • Sal*UK
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Imdb = just put their names in.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.