Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Fn + f9 not working on new Asus?

I just bought the Asus N56VJ-DH71. I installed the drivers for a Logitech wireless mouse and wanted to disable my touchpad. The shortcut on my model is FN + F9, however when I press this nothing happens. All of my other FN commands work without exception. It is becoming rather annoying that when I type, my pointer jumps all over the screen and clicks on random links because of my touchpad. If you have a solution to help me fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well I have a different ASUS model but like you I also had problems with the touchpad. I don't use a mouse. The solution for me was: Set up the touchpad sensitivity options using the built in program then disable the program from running on boot:

Start up set like this.

No HKLM:Run ETDCtrl ELAN Microelectronics Corp. %ProgramFiles%\Elantech\ETDCtrl.exe

The only other thing I could suggest is to reinstall the drivers for hotkeys, keyboard device filter.

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en...

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Fn + f9 not working on new Asus?

I just bought the Asus N56VJ-DH71. I installed the drivers for a Logitech wireless mouse and wanted to disable my touchpad. The shortcut on my model is FN + F9, however when I press this nothing happens. All of my other FN commands work without exception. It is becoming rather annoying that when I...

Source(s): fn f9 working asus: https://tinyurl.im/UpxXw
  • 5 years ago

quick and easy way to bypass f9 if you want to restore to factory settigs.....go into settings. when you get to settings, there is a search box. type in "bios" and then search. it will prompt you from there to scrub your hard drive clean and reset.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

**** you ^

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.