Fn + f9 not working on new Asus?

I just bought the Asus N56VJ-DH71. I installed the drivers for a Logitech wireless mouse and wanted to disable my touchpad. The shortcut on my model is FN + F9, however when I press this nothing happens. All of my other FN commands work without exception. It is becoming rather annoying that when I type, my pointer jumps all over the screen and clicks on random links because of my touchpad. If you have a solution to help me fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Favorite Answer

Well I have a different ASUS model but like you I also had problems with the touchpad. I don't use a mouse. The solution for me was: Set up the touchpad sensitivity options using the built in program then disable the program from running on boot:

Start up set like this.

No HKLM:Run ETDCtrl ELAN Microelectronics Corp. %ProgramFiles%\Elantech\ETDCtrl.exe

The only other thing I could suggest is to reinstall the drivers for hotkeys, keyboard device filter.

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en...

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Fn + f9 not working on new Asus?

I just bought the Asus N56VJ-DH71. I installed the drivers for a Logitech wireless mouse and wanted to disable my touchpad. The shortcut on my model is FN + F9, however when I press this nothing happens. All of my other FN commands work without exception. It is becoming rather annoying that when I...

Source(s): fn f9 working asus: https://tinyurl.im/UpxXw

quick and easy way to bypass f9 if you want to restore to factory settigs.....go into settings. when you get to settings, there is a search box. type in "bios" and then search. it will prompt you from there to scrub your hard drive clean and reset.

**** you ^