Sam asked in Social SciencePsychology · 7 years ago

Is there any possible way of making 2+2=5?

If you give some real scientific/mathematical thoughts it seems possible. I just want to know?

If I find out that this theory is true. I am going to give a report on it (possibly send my discovery into CNN). And everyone will that I found out that 2+2=5!

You can't. I can make it seem like 2+2 = 5, but you will always find a mathematical flaw in the proof you attempt to provide for the false statement. Basically the statement you proposed is that 4 = 5 which is obviously not true. I can provide a proof that makes it look like this is true, but you will ALWAYS find a logical flaw... let me demonstrate...

a = b where a = 4 and b = 5 because

a = b

a + a = b + a

2a = a + b

If a = b, the above statement must also be true, but 2(4) = 4 + 5 is like saying 8 = 9... This is not true...

To make this statement true, we must add 1 to the left or subtract it from the right...

2a + 1 = a + b

a + 1 = b

therefore a cannot = b

Reflections on the possible making of 2+2=5.

Because of the effect of synergy, 2+2=5 is possible; even much more is possible to attain from the synergy effect of 2+2. The reasoning thought would be that those entities which are identified as 2 in synergy can cooperate in effecting any whatsoever thinkable and perhaps even unthinkable result. The entity which is called 2 may have a wondrous or even weird life of her own and with another entity which also happens to be called 2, perhaps by learnt or by shallow convention called 2, it can unfold or regenerate into a quantity materially and or ethereally of 5 or even ... higher.

Two dollars plus two other dollars in the bank can earn you an interest so that you totally at a certain moment in time will have five dollars; also, two parents plus two other parents can yield an off-spring number of five, of five each of them or more modestly of five altogether.

So also we might agree on the making of 2+2=5. Good thoughts of a beautiful more sun-kissed life in synergy of now and for future and good luck to you!

Philosophically yes, Mathematically no.

Philosophically it would be, that 2 equal contributions could have a magnifying effect on each other, creating extra content, by bringing the contributions together.

Kind of a together we can do better idea.

Mathematically, 2 is a constant, and 5 is a constant, and the formula + is a constant. And they don't 'add up'.

two couples do some wife swapping, one wife gets pregnant.

9 months later =

2 people +2 people = 5 people

2+2 = 5

Yes, there is a possible way. You need to add the invisible potato. So it goes like this, 2+2+Potato=5.

change the numerical value of the number 2 to equal 2.5