Should i watch Breaking Bad or The Wire?

i don't have THAT much time and im up to the second season of breaking bad but i really want to see the wire also. Should i continue to watch breaking bad or start the wire?

• Missy
    Best Answer

breaking bad

Breaking Bad

It depends on your personal preference. I love both shows, but as a long time fan of crime dramas, The Wire is the greatest show ever made. From 2002-2010 it was the highest rated show on all of IMDb. Now it is tied with Breaking Bad. I watch it from beginning to end once a year. For me what puts The Wire above Breaking Bad is realism. The Wire was written by former Baltimore Sun Crime reporter, David Simon. Much of his writing is based on actual experiences. In my opinion, much of what makes Breaking Bad so compelling is the preposterousness of it all.

In the end I love The Wire because it tells the uncomfortable truth that the line between cops and criminals is razor thin.

I suppose it depends on how much you are enjoying Breaking Bad. I'd keep with it, it's good stuff. However, while it is an excellent show and I love it, The Wire is probably the best thing I have ever seen on television.

Both are worth finding the time to watch, but while Breaking Bad is amazing, The Wire is absolutely phenomenal.

Start the wire. It's the best.

Personally, i didn't watch breaking bad, but if you're desperate about it, you should watch it.

If you feel kind of bored, and want to try something new, try the wire.

based on my experience, it's literally the best

Breaking Bad for sure!!

Absolutely breaking bad.. It is the best show I have ever scene.. You will be glued to the t.v and will finish a season a day

breaking bad it so good but still Dexter is my favourite