Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

Can't remember the name of this movie?

A girl with dreadlocks and her mom/sister end up on a ship with a man (maybe Johnny Depp?) I remember the man cuts the girl's sister's hair off with his sword/knife because she did something. The man and sister maybe fall in love at the end. I think I watched it in between the years 2006-2010 Please answer! I have been searching for this for over 2 years!

I don't think it was a horror film, and I'm sure it was on a ship. Thanks for answering anyway, it does seem similar. I hope I can find this film one day

Favorite Answer

Waterworld (1995) starring Kevin Costner, Jeanne Tripplehorn and Tina Majorino as Enola

Storyline

The polar ice caps have melted, and the earth is covered by water. The remaining people travel the seas, in search of survival. Several different societies exist. The Mariner falls from his customary and solitary existence into having to care for a woman and a young girl while being pursued by the evil forces of the Deacon.

The little, orphan girl (with cornrow braids) repeatedly irritated The Mariner. She disobeys a rule not to color with chalk on the ship, for example. But when she and the older woman (who has adopted her) cause him to fall off the ship into the water, he looses it and chops off their hair as punishment.

http://cinemademerde.com/Waterworld.shtml