promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Chances of getting Ranger school, and Airborne school in my army contract?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    You can't have both in your contract you can only have one so either you ask for Airborne or ask for RASP (Ranger Assessment and Selection Program) Contract.

    If you want a chance to do both Airborne and Ranger, ask for RASP in your contract. When you enlist with RASP in your contract, you will be sent to Airborne School first because you're required to attend and pass Airborne School first before the Ranger Selection Process. Even if you just wanna do Rangers, you'll still be required to attend and successfully pass Airborne School since its mandatory and is a pre-requisite of being qualified for selection and to attend Ranger School. The best, and almost the only, option is to enlist with RASP in your contract by enlisting as 11X-Infantry with RASP Option.

    If you just wanna do Airborne, you have 4 options:

    1.) Enlist as 11X-Infantry and volunteer for Airborne School after Basic Training.

    (Schools like Ranger School, Airborne School, Sniper School, and even Special Forces want Infantrymen in their schools. Yes its true any MOS can go to these schools but its not much likely since these schools are open to Infantrymen first and slots are given to Infantrymen first, since Infantry Soldiers are who they mainly and mostly want. Infantry has alot of special training schools open to em first, and because Airborne and Ranger and Snipers and Special Forces are elite units made up of 97% Infantrymen. The other 3% are soldiers of different MOS)

    2.) Enlist as 11X-Infantry with Option 40 Airborne. With this contract, you will be sent directly to Airborne School after you're done with Basic and you've graduated.

    3.) If you do well in Basic Training, stayed outta trouble, passed the PT Test and scored 270 or higher, then you can volunteer to attend Airborne School after Basic. Any MOS can do this.

    4.) Enlist as 18X-Special Forces Recruit

    (Just like Rangers and the RASP Program, as a Special Forces enlistee you're required to attend and successfully pass Airborne School. You will be sent to Fort Benning to be trained as an Infantryman just like those who enlisted as 11X-Infantry. After you graduated Basic Training for Infantry, you go directly to Airborne School.)

    Here's some info on Infantry, Rangers, and Special Forces that will lead you to Airborne:

    11X-Infantry:

    http://m.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/browse-career...

    Rangers:

    http://m.goarmy.com/ranger/training.html

    18X-Special Forces Candidate (Recruit):

    http://m.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/browse-career...

    Hope this helps. Good luck!

    Source(s): Enlisted in the Army
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

    Airborne School...maybe

    Ranger School..ain't happening

    The best you can do is an Option 40 contract..known as the "Ranger Contract"

    That simply means that after basic and AIT you will attend Airborne School then RASP. If you make it through RASP you will be assigned to the 75th Ranger Regiment.

    After some time at the Regiment you will then attend Ranger School...when your leadership thinks you are ready.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

    Well first you might go to common the place technically you possibly can be infantry qualified after words. You then move on to your extra specialised MOD or career where you possibly can get additional more specified coaching on something it is you are going to primarily do. For illustration citadel Leanard Woods is among the many for future MP training as well as folks that instruct for chemical hazmat type stuff. A few bases in Alaska teach for mountain climbing fight or harsh iciness combating. There may be of course schools for armored the place you could train & pass train on every job or position in being part of a tank crew. There's particular language university at fortress Bragg & citadel Benning so there is colleges for the whole lot quite. Schools for barren region combating of path and sniper college. The place you go principally after normal is dependent upon what you decide upon for you MOD. Customarily now not continually although theirs one school on each coast and general but once more now not continuously you could possibly go to the one closest to you. A part of it additionally depends upon when or the place next lessons start. Excellent good fortune.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.