Your password can’t be reset online. For security reasons, you need contact Yahoo! Customer Care?

I had made a new email account 2 days ago and was using it but I kept on getting signed out now and then when I clicked new links in the "setting", after numerous instances of unwanted sign outs I suddenly got a message that my ID or password were incorrect so I tried to go through the password reset process when I encountered this notice :

Your password can’t be reset online.

For security reasons, you need contact Yahoo! Customer Care to help you reset your password.

If you used an alias or profile name, we recommend that you try again with the Yahoo! ID associated with the alias. If not, you can contact Customer Care to help reset your Yahoo! password.

Why do I have to wait?

I have no alias so could someone please help? Its more than 24 hours that my account has been locked !

Best Answer

It is so frustrating when you receive that message with no details on how to contact Yahoo Customer Care, isn't it?

There are several ways to contact Yahoo support staff ...

1. Click Help on the mail page, then Customer Care, then Live Chat (a balloon chat bubble or the e-mail envelope) It make take a while, but a human answers! (If the page loads slowly, refresh it, or click the F5 key.) You will be asked several questions to verify that you are the owner of the account. E-mail responses are slower of course. Of course, you have to be signed in to use this method!

2. The E-Mail address for Yahoo! Customer Care is: <cc-advoc@yahoo-inc.com> or

mail@cc.yahoo-inc.com. Change the links to your own country ending if the account is not from the US.

There are Customer Care agent reference page for many categories of support:

http://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_U...

3. There are different support pages for the Messenger and Answers sites too, depending on the specific problem you are having.

4. You may contact the Customer Care team for personal assistance. Click Help on the mail page at the very top, then Customer Care, then the Live Chat cartoon bubble. It make take a while, but a human answers! If the page loads slowly, refresh it, or click the F5 key - same action. You will be asked several questions to verify that you are the owner of the account.

*** 5. This is the direct link: http://help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&y...

Answers is a Jungle