Quentin Tarantino or Steven Spielberg?

i prefer Quentin honestly but Steven is still amazing, what do you guys think?

Favorite Answer

Almost went with Quentin Tarantino, but when I really think about it Steven Spielberg is the better filmmaker.

Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, Munich, Amistad, and Lincoln are not family movies, unless you consider the Holocaust, World War II, slavery, and the Munich massacre family oriented topics. Of course he has a lot of family movies and he tends to get overly sentimental in his films, but I respect how he's been able to make such a wide range of films from so many different genres successfully. I still love Jurassic Park to death and will watch it if I see it on TV.

Quentin Tarantino has been stuck making different variations of revenge films over the past ten years (Kill Bill, Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained). I have enjoyed all of Quentin's films, but he hasn't proven his success at so many different genres like Steven. I just think Spielberg is overall the better filmmaker.

Steven Spielberg

Quentin Tarantino. Spielberg's movies are long and the scripts aren't as good as Tarantino's. Tarantino just has lesser no. of movies.Then again Spielberg is versatile but Steven's not the best at versatility which is his primary advantage because he is no match for Scorsese when it comes to versatility but Tarantino is the best at writing scripts

Steven is mainly just a director who is good in directing.Most of his good films are not written by him. As a director He is above Tarantino. But Quentin is a film maker. He is creating a movie from scratch .From start to finish he is the only one who is responsible for getting it done. It is his ideas that we see on the screen. But in the case of Spielberg it is somebody else's idea that we see on the screen. Quentin's films are more philosophical and has a message in it, which is the ultimate goal of a good movie(not entertainment). So his films are more classical and will stay for ever in the history of cinema.

I personally like Tarantino because of how he creates his films from nothing, and how he is in control of the entire film-making process. He is very creative and comes up with his own ideas.

Spielberg, though, has directed some pretty iconic films in his time.

But, I simply had to lean towards Tarantino because he does everything himself, while Spielberg does not come up with the plots, he just directs the movies.

• lein

Tarantino for the art, Steven for the family

I am with Steven Spielberg..

steven spielberg. i also like mel gibson.

• Lefty

I can't compare...both are good in their own right.

I also like Oliver Stone.