How is 42 the answer to everything?

Since 2011 I've been getting this information that 42 is the answer to life, universe and everything. Perhaps it's mathematically, perhaps philosophically. Just explain.

• Sol
    Best Answer

In Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a couple people ask a supercomputer what the answer to life, the universe, and everything is. She asked them to go back in 7.5 million years, and they did, and a huge crowd was waiting for the answer.

The computer gave the answer: 42.

They were obviously disappointed, but the computer stated that such a question is not really a question at all. You have to know the right question to get the right answer.

It's a fantastic movie/book, I suggest watching it!

The answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything is 42.

The question that that answer fits is still unknown.

It's from a book. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

You should read it.

Because it's always time for 4:20..42 is the safe way of saying 420. Allot people don't know this. Everyone who has awesome ideas and good theories use that inspirational herb

Yes the answer to life is 42. Now, put on this tin foil hat and kneel down before Zenu and bask in his glory!

Perhaps, it is the result of mental lethargy, in the midst of being a culture meme. This meme is an immediate response some have adopted or been conditioned to. To me, its as well thought out as the existence of almost any deity, and its relation to meaning.. To me explains nothing, and denotes what I have relayed, previously.

It's not an answer but hope it helps.

uniontera number 2 about life

/Uniontera Ja

it mean, if I had to guess that everything is tied together

its not, its probably a metaphor. why did I get a low?

• I've never heard that.

I wonder . . . .