How should the Jets handle their QB situation?
What are your thoughts on how the Jets should handle the QB situation and what do you think about my idea:
- Cut (but try to trade) Tebow
- Keep Sanchez (cant cut because of money)
- Keep McElroy
- Sign a low cost stop-gap QB (Matt Moore, Kyle Orton, Jason Campbell, etc.)
- Trade down in 1st round multiple times to get extra 1st rounders in 2014 so we can trade up for a QB. (This draft has a very weak franchise QB class, however next year should be much better with Aaron Murray of Georgia, Teddy Bridgewater of Louiseville, and Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M. AJ McCarron, Tahj Boyd, and Logan Thomas also come out next year and may rise up boards).
- Have Sanchez, the stop-gap veteran, and McElroy all compete for the starting job and order of depth chart
- Whoever wins the job is given a very short leash.
- BamaAndyLv 77 years agoFavorite Answer
Get rid of Sanchez and Tebow.. Give McElroy a shot.....Source(s): Bias McElroy fan.....
- 7 years ago
Honestly if i was in charge of this i would simply just trade tebow for an early draft pick 1st round and try to get Geno Smith from West Virgina he is a very athletic player that would be a great contribute to the Jets offence... what do yall think or i would START Greg McElroy yes it might be wrong but at the same time when Mark Sanchez is constantly ******* up i would put McElroy to start simple as that.Source(s): Jets Fan Here <-------
- FarthammerjonesLv 57 years ago
Job1: Don't sink any more money into the QB position.
-Name McElroy as the starter. He missed a game due to an injury, so what. He's good.
-Name Sanchez as the backup. See how he responds when he doesn't get to play until McElroy is injured again.
-Trade Tebow if you can, cut him if you can't. He really doesn't count as much against the salary cap as most would think.
- MikeLv 67 years ago
Problem is that they have the defense to compete, so you can't trash everything. I can't say any of the college QBs would be a major upgrade to Sanchito.
Tebow has to go. He was way too much of a distraction.
I'd love to see them go with sanchez and McElroy. Winner starts all 16 games. Run the ball for god's sake.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- gods creationLv 57 years ago
I am pretty sure that ny should trade tbow. the word is that tbow is not going to make it as a qb, but, he might be given a shot with a losing team.
I think the jets should start looking for a new qb that they are going to keep for a few years, and the best one that might be available is, alex smith. the problem is, i am not sure if any qb can help the jets. sanchez did ok, but, it seems that the jets cannot get the other players to play up to the qb ability.
- 7 years ago
Morningwig will make Sanchez good enough to groom a rookie in a year or 2.
you need a Running Back &/or a Line that can block for him
- bryan3X6X0Lv 67 years ago
Stick with Sanchez
- studdardLv 43 years ago
Who knows, he did no longer do this adverse in long island, and has gained a great Bowl as an assistant. yet that needless to say has no longer translated into success as a head coach in Cleveland. Cleveland replaced into falling downhill final 3 hundred and sixty 5 days and then they pissed away their bigger alternatives interior the 1st around and then drafted a center. it is clean they have not have been given any clue what they're doing in Cleveland suitable now.
- 7 years ago
They should get rid of Mark Sanchez and hire Geno Smith from WV.Source(s): Common Sense.
- Da Pho?Lv 77 years ago
Two words, "Scorched Earth".