Is it better to bet rich and famous or rich and not famous?

I noticed that most singers and actors, who are rich, have lives that aren't as glamrous as they seem since their every move is watched by paparazzi's, and most of them in the generation we live in have 10 minutes of spotlight, and only make a few millions since producers make a much larger amount. However they still get to go out and people ask them for autographs, and they feel confident since everyone knows them, and they get treated better.

And then there are the rich: the rich who are richer then the Hollywood celebrities, and STILL have a private life. They do what they want when they want, and don't have to worry about who's watching. They also don't get treated like puppets by producers since they are there own brand- usually. However they don't get as much attention as as celebrities do.

So those were my pros and cons. What do YOU PICK? :)

• george
    Favorite Answer

Rich and not famous is, by far, the better choice.

However, you have to understand that a lot of young people who want to be stars are seeking not so much wealth as fame. They don't really understand the disadvantages of losing their privacy. Instead, they're focused on the idea of being known and "loved" by millions of people, of being the center of the spotlight, of their accomplishments being celebrated, and their face up on the big screen. This kind of fantasy is particularly appealing to someone who feels they are unloved or unimportant - who seek recognition. They don't realize that fame has little to do with love, and that the public is fickle - a star is only as good as his last movie - and most of the people they meet in the industry are only interested in exploiting their fame. It's only after they have lost their privacy, and can never get it back, that they begin to realize how valuable it is.

Being famous WITHOUT money is the worst thing that can happen to anyone. Just ask everyone that has ever done a reality show. People know them but they have NO MONEY and everyone assumes that you are rich because you were on TV. Being Rich and unknown is the best.

I will take rich and not famous any day of the week because I wouldn't like people bugging me all the time and invading my privacy for their own gains.

Rich and not famous

Rich and not famous..I don't like people watching my every move, and anonymity is ok with me.

Source(s): Now that I think of it..to want fame is insecure in the fact that you would always need someone to care and pay attention to what you are doing.
  • Lefty

Rich and not famous.

I pick what I am....rich and not famous.

• Gone

bet rich and not famous..the odds are better.

thx for the replies, much appreciated!