? asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 years ago

Is it bad to be drug free?

I'm a 20 year old man and I've never touched marijuana or any drugs like that. I have drank alittle, but not enough to get drunk and I didn't like it much. Is it bad that I think there are better ways to relieve stress and that drinking and drugs are just vices used to take the easy way out of a stress filled day? I ask only because I have been berated by some people who think that I'm stuck up for thinking this way.

Favorite Answer

I don't think so, I always wanted to smoke but was too scared. Then at 22 I smoked with this chick, now three years later I've met lots of new friends who smoke or do other drugs and surprising to me their all either graduated from college or in college. Even partied with some guy who goes to Berkley in CA but loves ectasy acid etc. I personally won't do pills or opiates but I'm open to most other drugs. I just don't have a death wish

If more people had the same mindset as you, we wouldnt have as many screwed up people in the world. Being drug free is the way to be. You don't want to be like everyone else who has, because if you think about it, those are the people who typically have problems in their life and don't know how to deal with them, so they turn to drugs for happiness. If you can be happy on your own, without the help of weed or drinking etc, that shows you are able to cope with stress in a positive way. This doesn't make you stuckup like other people have told you. Personally I think it's okay to try everything in life and experiment, but that is what turns people into addicts. Hope this helped :)

??!!! Dude No... Power to ya 20 years. People giving you a hard to time because you don't like drugs? I don't know maybe because they are bad for ya and tend to F'up a lot of lives. ;)

Unless you are being rude to them or tear them down for a problem they have. Your in the good man.

Most likely they see your example and start feeling resentment toward themselves cause they want to be Drug free too but its very hard. Much easier to accept it. See once you do drugs for a few, your mind tells itself to use is the only way to have fun or only way to truly be happy etc..

Keep up the good example, maybe they will come around.

Source(s): Been there

Not at all many people have different perspectives, and who's to say that you can't enjoy life without all that stuff. I personally think that you should do what you want and it's your life live it the way you want to because at the end of the day all the decisions you made will affect you in a good or bad way! the way you treat your body now is how your body will treat you in the future you should not care about what others think of you because you're awesome who has a great mind set and also because you're the batman!

So many teenagers do drugs in the U.S, a thousand die. If we stay drug free, we can prevent so many deaths from happening. Families are being hurt for what is happening to their children. If drugs are put away, families can live decently and they won't have to worry about what's happening to their children. Together, we can help stop companies from producing drugs and selling them. Good drugs, they don't need put away, they help us heal and feel better with any sickness. Bad drugs, they kill whoever does them. Marijuana, it causes brain damage. Cocaine, it causes brain damage and you can die from it. Drug overdoses happen, and we don't need that.

Bad? According to who? This is rather subjective isnt it and says more about those who would use such judgemental words. Remember, drugs are just chemicals. We need chemicals. Some chemical have an effect on us. Is this good? In the case of dopamine and serotonin - its essential out body makes it. Get high isnt because of the drug itself; its the bodys reaction to the drug that gets us high. (Increased dopamine, serotonin) In this sense then, we ALL have these chemical in us and some just like more than others. Ingesting said drugs to bring about this is a choice. Isnt it good to have choice? Now chillax and roll out a fat one...and dont be greedy.

• ?

Hey dude, im 19 and i drink once in a blue moon with a few of my friends, but i don't abuse it or crave it. as far as drugs, im not into that. theres much better safer ways to have fun.

naw drug free is the way to be.

let all the loser drug addicts mess up there brain and go to prison and get raped or murdered or have mutated kids or commit sucide or ect

better off without em =D