Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionOther - Television · 8 years ago

What are some old fantasy TV shows?

The TV shows would preferably be made before 1990. The most important thing is that they have pseudo historical setting rather than a modern one e.g. Game of Thrones is more relevant than Buffy or True Blood. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (There doesn't have to be huge amounts of fantasy elements, like magic, as it is the setting that matters most)

Favorite Answer

Logan's Run

Dark Shadows

Batman

Star Trek

Land of The Lost

Voyage At The Bottom Of The Sea

Twilight Zone

HR Puff n' Stuff

Fantasy Island

• Rose D

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena: Warrior Princess are both set in pseudo-Ancient Greece, but they're from the early 1990s. I don't know if that's too late for you. Ditto for Jack of All Trades and The Adventures of Brisco County, Junior and The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne. All three are set in the 1800s or so, but from circa 1992. There's also the British show Robin of Sherwood, from the mid-1980s. Roar and Rome are set in the Roman era, but are newer as well.

I used to love Battlestar Galactica!! And for those of you that are '"young at heart" like me, I remember watching Wonder Woman with my great-grandpa! It was so super cool when she flew her invisible airplane to the island where she was from to visit her mother & many sisters! Cant get much more 'Fantasy Action" than that! Anyone else remember?!